This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

SRAM Shifters - jus...

Notifications
Clear all

SRAM Shifters - just for info..

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 karl
(@karl)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Had to ride winter hack-iron through all this decent weather 😥 , due to broken SRAM Force right hand shifter. 3 years old but not used much, as on summer bike. Gears inside had stripped and also part broken off inside. Everything else intact.

Got local bike shop to return direct to SRAM, who I had already spoken to directly as wasn't particularly impressed. 🙄

This is a well documented problem with these levers (especially Rival levers), if you ever have any problems yourselves. Reading on the Internet SRAM have an excellent after-sales record, which I have also just experienced.

Anyway, pleased to say no quibble from SRAM and new set of both latest Force levers sent F.O.C. within 1 week. Very impressed.

I just hope that the design problem has been addressed with these latest levers.

Happy riding !

Karl

(@ady)
Member Admin

Good to see some good service from a manufacturer. Now i'll know where to come for a spare set of brake levers for my fixed. (!)

ReplyQuote
 karl
(@karl)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

sorry Ady, had to send back both the original levers.. 😥

ReplyQuote
(@tthew)
Estimable Member

They have a lot of practice with warrantee claims thought. Earlier this year they had to recall EVERY set of the new hydraulic road/cyclocross brakes due to seal failure in the caliper in very cold weather.

This of course meant giving every customer a new set of mechanical disk brakes and shifters temporarily while they sorted the fault, then re-replacing all the hydraulic brakes and shifters again once the design was sorted. 😯 costly!

ReplyQuote
Share: