This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Road rage assault.

Notifications
Clear all

Road rage assault.

20 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@woody2)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Cycling home from the club run, I was squeezed on a country lane by a car coming towards me. Gave the driver a polite wave! Next I knew he had turned around and was behind me. I slowed down , at this point the driver swerved and deliberately knocked me off! Leaving me lying on the floor, not happy with this he reversed back at me, running over my bike. Fortunately I managed to un clip otherwise he would have run over my legs. All OK except my brand new wheels are mangled. Police called, luckily I remembered his number plate.waiting on further info from the Police.

(@craig)
Estimable Member

Absolutely shocking, hope you are alright, once they catch up with them I trust the police will throw the book at them.

ReplyQuote
(@woody2)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Cheers Craig, sore knee, mangled wheels. All ok just shook up at the thought of nearly having my legs run over.

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin

@Woody2 wrote:

Cycling home from the club run, I was squeezed on a country lane by a car coming towards me. Gave the driver a polite wave! Next I knew he had turned around and was behind me. I slowed down , at this point the driver swerved and deliberately knocked me off! Leaving me lying on the floor, not happy with this he reversed back at me, running over my bike. Fortunately I managed to un clip otherwise he would have run over my legs. All OK except my brand new wheels are mangled. Police called, luckily I remembered his number plate.waiting on further info from the Police.

Hell mate! That is dreadful. Glad to hear you are physically okay. I assume that the driver then just disappeared?

ReplyQuote
(@woody)
Honorable Member

Jesus Christ! That is unbelievable! Glad you're alright mate, where was this? You live in fear of that happening to you, it must have been terrifying.

ReplyQuote
(@carol-r)
Estimable Member

That's shocking! Glad you're ok thought!! Keep us informed!!

ReplyQuote
 les1
(@les1)
Reputable Member

Have not met you yet but will soon enough. OMG that is awful, glad you are ok, hope the police catch up with this so called human being and well done for getting the reg.

Les

ReplyQuote
(@apehanger46)

What the.......? What a total and utter disgrace that is!! Its about time people like this got nailed by the authorities. Glad yo hear you are OK though and a bike we can fix!! I had a close shave last week when the passenger of a vehicle threw an item into my front wheel and so very nearly had me off but in comparison to this it was small beer.

Its a shame we cant all share the road.... There's room for everyone if we all just exercise some respect for each other.

ReplyQuote
(@woody2)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hi all , quick update. I managed to get the reg number ,police have been to arrest the driver. Unbelievable on the way back from hospital I drove past the car that hit me, the story gets better, it's one of my neighbours sons! Thanks for the kind messages cheers Nigel.

ReplyQuote
(@rich-m)
Eminent Member

That's unbelievable Nigel. Glad you're OK but you must be shaken up.

I hope the police take it seriously and prosecute the idiot as it might be a lesson to others.

ReplyQuote
 karl
(@karl)
Estimable Member

outragious... 😡 hope you're ok.

this is one for Claire to discuss at her meeting, then see what happens to the piece of s..t that ran over you. Lets see "British Justice" in action....
Would like to see his Insurance Companies face and watch them try to wriggle out of this one.

Hope the guy gets a ban, loses his licence, can't get to work, loses his job, loses his house and ends up in the gutter where he belongs..
Hope his parents are proud of their "product"..
He should be tied up, lain in the road and driven over... see how he likes it.

Complete and utter scum.

ReplyQuote
 karl
(@karl)
Estimable Member

emotions aside.. I assume this is actually attempted murder. Wouldn't be suprised if he ends up in the clink for a few years...

ReplyQuote
(@eleanor)
Estimable Member

That's horrendous Nigel. Well done for getting the number. Do you want me to mention it to one of my old colleagues at the Northwich Guardian?

ReplyQuote
(@claire-o)
Reputable Member

Hi Nigel,

I am really sorry that this happened to you.

I am currently reading 'The Chimp Paradox' by Dr Steve Peters, which I recommend. It explains the psychology of road rage amongst other things. This guy has one heck of a large untamed gorilla!!

I am glad your physical injuries are slight, and I hope you recover from the mental injury soon too.....

It could have been any one of us!

Claire

ReplyQuote
(@nofear)
Reputable Member

This is no different to somebody taking out a gun and taking a shot at you and if there were any justice this offence would be treated that way. I'm sick of psychos risking the lives of ordinary people and getting away with it just because they are in a car and we are some sort of second class citizen on a bike!!

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: