This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Old Club 10 Course

Notifications
Clear all

Old Club 10 Course

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@davemchol)
Topic starter  

Does anyone know whereabouts the old club 10 course was?. Alls I remeber that a roundabout was used at the 5 mile point. This was in the early 1990s though?

(@ady)
Member Admin

Just seen that there wasn't an answer to this, so in the idle time before starting work, thought I'd pipe up!

If I remember correctly: The course (JC/8??) started on the A49 near Lower Whitley in a lay-by (at around grid ref: SJ 608 780 - approx.), then headed North along the A49. There was then a left into Grimsditch Lane until the turn round point, which was near a farm gate (Penkridge Lane Farm???). Then back along Grimsditch Lane, to turn left, again onto the A49, north to the roundabout, all the way round the roundabout back onto the A49, and south back to a point roughly on the opposite side to the layby!

On my first ever Club 10, at around age 16, I made the mistake of going round the roundabout and heading off down the A559 towards Northwich. By the time I'd realised, I'd probably put about 5 minutes on my time. Must have completed in around 35 minutes or more!

ReplyQuote
Share: