Notifications
Clear all

Majorca 2015  

RSS

nofear
(@nofear)
Reputable Member
17/09/2014 4:24 pm  

As you may know, a few of us went on the Stuart Hall training camp in March 2014 in Puerto Pollenca thanks to Alan Kemp for putting it on this forum. I know that a few people are interested in going in 2015 but we are going in April instead of March as the weather is generally more settled then (famous last words!). Don't be put off by the words "training camp" as there are several groups to chose from each day and these range from long and hard to short and very easy. This year Caroline and I alternated between groups and enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere of the short easy rides which are ridden at a steady club type pace and involve taking in the sunshine and eating cake so a typical Alan Silver type ride really. 😉 A couple of days we had out own Weaver valley club runs as the format of the holiday really is very laid back and informal, so you an do pretty much whatever suits you.

I have several work commitments in April so we can only go from 10th April to 22nd April so I've just booked the flights with Easyjet as they are still pretty cheap if you book early. Alan Kemp has also booked for the same dates. It's costing us about £100 each for the flights and the half board accommodation and transfers with Stuart Hall are under £300 per week each. You can go for a short break or for several weeks as there is total flexibility so if we can all be there at a similar time that would be great but if the dates don't work for you, then you can go whenever you prefer. Caroline and I are hiring bikes but you can take your own.

If you want more details just get in touch with me or Alan and one of us will e-mail them to you.

Cheers

Dave

Share:

As a club, we’d like to wish Andrew Simpson @simmo_on_sport all the best for the future, with a heartfelt thanks for supporting WVCC all these years....

Upcoming Events

Dec
Wed
10:00 Wrinklies Ride Out *CANCELLED*
Wrinklies Ride Out *CANCELLED*
Dec 2 @ 10:00 – 14:30
A 10:00 for a 10:10 depart.. an easy, no one gets left behind run. Usually head out into the wind so we have a tail wind home.
Dec
Sat
09:00 Training Rides *CANCELLED*
Training Rides *CANCELLED*
Dec 5 @ 09:00 – 12:00
“Both Saturday Rides” 1 & 2 Meet 9:00 at Hatchmere Ride 1 – Training ride – off first at 09:00. Bangor on Dee with a cafe stop at Cleopatras. Through and off, average 20-21mph Ride[...]
Dec
Wed
10:00 Wrinklies Ride Out *CANCELLED*
Wrinklies Ride Out *CANCELLED*
Dec 9 @ 10:00 – 14:30
A 10:00 for a 10:10 depart.. an easy, no one gets left behind run. Usually head out into the wind so we have a tail wind home.
Dec
Sat
09:00 Training Rides *CANCELLED*
Training Rides *CANCELLED*
Dec 12 @ 09:00 – 12:00
“Both Saturday Rides” 1 & 2 Meet 9:00 at Hatchmere Ride 1 – Training ride – off first at 09:00. Bangor on Dee with a cafe stop at Cleopatras. Through and off, average 20-21mph Ride[...]

Club Meeting Times

Sunday runs:

09:30 - Winnington Park Rugby Football Club - see calendar for updated start times (Most runs 10:00 during the winter months)

Tuesday evening (informal - usually a small gathering!)

20:00 onwards - Winnington Park Rugby Football Club

Wednesday runs:

10:00 - Hatchmere

Subscribe! We'll email when a new post appears!

Email Weaver Valley CC

Your message was successfully sent.
Thank You!

Categories

Archives

Meta

Recent Topics