This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Notifications
Clear all

Look Pedals

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@craig)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

This is possibly one of the unsolved mysteries of the universe, but is there a way to silence look pedals.
No matter what I do they always creak, I have tried new cleats, ptfe tape, grease, talc, silicone polish (not recommended had a very scary moment when my foot prematurely disengaged in a sprint), but nothing works for very long.
I am coming to the conclusion I will have to ditch the look system and go for spd's, but if you have any thoughts maybe you can save my look pedals 😉

(@ady)
Member Admin

@HeavyD wrote:

This is possibly one of the unsolved mysteries of the universe, but is there a way to silence look pedals.
No matter what I do they always creak, I have tried new cleats, ptfe tape, grease, talc, silicone polish (not recommended had a very scary moment when my foot prematurely disengaged in a sprint), but nothing works for very long.
I am coming to the conclusion I will have to ditch the look system and go for spd's, but if you have any thoughts maybe you can save my look pedals 😉

I have one clicky creaky Look (Keo) pedal, the other one if fine! Which cleats do you use (for Keo, there are three types dependent on the amount of lateral float that you want)?

ReplyQuote
(@craig)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I'm old school still using delta, using the bi materials ones which have the ptfe, still noisy

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin

@HeavyD wrote:

I'm old school still using delta, using the bi materials ones which have the ptfe, still noisy

Yeah, the Keos are of a similar construction (PTFE component in them). I've adjusted my right pedal a bit which has helped (I clip in and out out of this more, leaving one foot in at junctions etc.) I think mine are just wearing unevenly. Just trimming the tension seems to make it a bit better, but hasn't completely removed the creak.

ReplyQuote
(@craig)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I think I may have finally silenced them 😀

Bit of lithium grease on the nose of the cleat, bit more on the base of the pedal where the centre rubber contacts and some french chalk on the release mechanism

Tested it yesterday and had a creak free 60 miles, get in

ReplyQuote
(@tim-b)
Trusted Member

ear plugs? 😀

ReplyQuote
Share: