This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Llanberis route (In...

Notifications
Clear all

Llanberis route (In google maps)

11 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
 kris
(@kris)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Folks.

I've made an attempt at plotting the routes sent round by Graham, in google maps.

Short Route to Llanberis

Long Route to Llanberis

Short Route Home

Long Route Home

From these links, you should have the option of exporting it to whatever device you wish (garmin is supported...)

Cheers.

kris.

kris
(@kris)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

I'll do the 'long loop' and the return leg when I get home later.

Maybe.

ReplyQuote
(@paull)
Eminent Member

Just spotted a very slight ammendment required to the route - at waypoint 41 we do not usually turn left down Barracks Lane but continue straight on to the main road then take the first left. Barracks Lane can be a bit rough and muddy.

ReplyQuote
 kris
(@kris)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks Paul, I'll update it 🙂 Any other feedback welcomed, as I don't know the route myself - only went off the high level route in the word doc (it's basically covering village to village - no criticism, by the way Graham!).

ReplyQuote
(@les-charnley)
Trusted Member

Hell Fire, whats all these bloody numbers, just get a Shell road map and follow your nose, we did manage to get there in the pre computer age, oh yes and back again. Les Charnley ( Shell road map employee)

ReplyQuote
 kris
(@kris)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

updated.

ReplyQuote
(@tim-b)
Trusted Member

thanks for putting the route on here kris. cant make the weekend as i had a spill 4 weeks ago and knackered my shoulder . but would like to do it in summer after ive got some miles in. been out a couple of times in the week , so getting back in to it. will be a few weeks before i make another club run. need to sort out membership also. 😳

ReplyQuote
(@chris-g)

Thanks for the routes Kris,

Transfered to MapMyRide, with GPX & KML export facility, added climb data and 3D flyover video!

Links -

Short route to Llanberis

Long route to Llanberis

Short route home

Long route home

ReplyQuote
(@tim-watts)
Eminent Member

Gilbos - brilliant! Les will love this!

ReplyQuote
(@les-charnley)
Trusted Member

Hi Tim, Glad to hear the young ( or no so young) modern Man gets excited by reams of numbers, seems to " Smack" of the DORK. Try Knitting, you use lots of numbers in that, counting rows and so on. Oh if there's a Solar Flare over that weekend, there be a load of spare rooms, as the Dorks will end up in Bristol. Les ( Find you own way) Charnley.

ReplyQuote
 kris
(@kris)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Luddite 🙂

Didn't you know that in the digital age, it is us dorks who truly rule the world!

ReplyQuote
Share: