This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Lands end to JOhn O...

Notifications
Clear all

Lands end to JOhn O Grotes - charity ride

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@frank-white)
Topic starter  

Hello,
I am a novice road cyclist and have joined the club to learn.
I am riding from Lands end to John O Grotes in September to raise money for Aldey Hey Childrens hospital charity. .I am paying for all the costs out of my own pocket, so any monies raised will go to the hospital. I have given the club a plug in the article in the Chester chronicle the link is below. I hope you find it of interest and it makes you feel generously inclined to the cause.

I am really grateful to all the "wrinklies" for their encouragement and teaching on Wednesday rides. I know that I am improving as a result, but I am still have far to go.

http://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/news/chester-cheshire-news/hatchmere-alder-hey-benefit-dads-7114404

Best wishes

Frank White

(@sydrim)

Good luck with your prep and ride Frank. I read the article in the Chester Chronicle and I'm sure that the club members will support you. From what I've seen on the Wednesday rides you'll rise to the challenge OK - you're certainly a more advanced rider than 'novice'.

Syd

ReplyQuote
(@frank-white)
Topic starter  

I just wanted to say a heart felt thank you to all the people who sponsored me or agreed to on yesterday's "ferry across the Mersey" ride. I have £115 in cash plus a bit more pledged. This is a really big boost towards my target of £3000. So thanks very much. Here is a link to the just giving page if that is easier for folk. It also has a bit more about the background as to why I am doing this.
http://www.justgiving.com/Frank-White1

Cheers Frank 😀

ReplyQuote
(@frank-white)
Topic starter  

It is now less than 2 weeks to my "grand depart". I have raised my target to £4,500 having already achieved the £3,000 original one a week or so ago. www.justgiving.com/Frank-White1.

I have been really humbled and delighted by the many riders who have chipped in, I also apologise for pestering people when I mince around with my sponsorship form. Thank you very much indeed.

The most common question is about the route so here is the detail

Day 1 - Lands end Liskeard; Day 2 - Liskeard - Cullumpton ; day 3 - Cullumpton; - Bristol ;
day 4 - Bristol - Shrewsbury; Day 5 - Shrewsbury - Preston: Day 6 Preston - Carlisle;
Day 7 Carlisle - Kilmarnock; Day 8 Kilmarnock - Inverarary; Day 8 Inverarary - South Laggan/Speen Bridge
Day 9 South Laggan/Speen Bridge - Tain; Day 10 Tain - Thurso; Day 11 Thurso - John o Groats

I will try and post some messages during the ride about how its going 🙂
www.justgiving.com/Frank-White1.

ReplyQuote
Share: