This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Just a thought...

Notifications
Clear all

Just a thought...

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@woody)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Belgium...Spring classics...Stella...Duval...WVCC roadtrip?

kris
(@kris)
Honorable Member

you had me at stella.

ReplyQuote
(@jules)
Honorable Member

Count me in boy's. Cannot think of anything better bikes and beer!!! 😀

ReplyQuote
(@woody)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Be good if we can get a few of us together (preferably someone who has been to Belgium and knows the best spots!) and we could hire a minibus.

ReplyQuote
(@les-charnley)
Trusted Member

Hi, Just to contribute, I have gone over and ridden the tour of Flanders sportive 3 times, which is usually the first Sunday in April, I went once on my own ( drove over) and did the full 260 km. course and twice with Sporting Tours and rode the 145 km. course. With sporting tours you go by Coach, ride the sportive and on the day of the pro's race get taken to several different advantage points round the circuit. I think there is also a trip to ride and watch the other early Belgium classics. The sportive gets about 13000 riders and has a great atmosphere and watching the pro's on the Kappel Muir in Geraadsbergen is fantastic, its usually always the place where to winning move is made.The cobble climbs are a must for any cyclist, I may even go back for a forth time soon.

ReplyQuote
(@jules)
Honorable Member

ReplyQuote
Share: