This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

GARMIN Advice pleas...

Notifications
Clear all

GARMIN Advice please

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 karl
(@karl)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hello all..

I'm looking at purchasing one, but am torn between the 500 and the 705. the 800 is a bit too much dosh 🙁
Does anyone have one, or know which is the best to go for. All road riding. Some real-world experience would be good...
The maps on the 705 don't seem to get very good reviews, so not sure...

thanks for any advice...

😀

(@paull)
Eminent Member

Karl I can understand people wanting sat nav on their bikes and I'm sure it is useful when in an unfamiliar area or abroad but personally I think they are an uneccessary and sometimes even a dangerous distraction when riding. I'm very old school and prefer to learn and explore new routes without total reliance on navigational aids which builds up your geographical knowledge. Having said that I do always carry my mobile phone which has GPS and refer to the map on that should I get really lost. I use the Garmin 200 which I think is fantastic and records all the data I need which I can analyse when back home on my laptop.

ReplyQuote
Share: