This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

First Aid Training

Notifications
Clear all

First Aid Training

9 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@johnk)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Massive thanks to Steph Kemp for such an excellent 3 hours of training last night. It was a great refresher - something everyone should do. Thanks to Nick B for setting up and Alan K for being such an excellent dummy.

(@alank)
Trusted Member

Thanks John, I`ll pass your comments on to Steph .

Just a reminder that provided we get sufficient numbers ( ie 12 to 14 ) then another basic 1st Aid session is planned for Monday 25th June, 7pm - 10pm at Hartford British Legion .
It would be a great opportunity to refresh your 1st Aid knowledge or if you have not done any before, a chance to hear the basics in a relaxed, no pressure, atmoshere with cycling colleagues. My thoughts are that 1st Aid is for everyone, because you just never know when you might need to use it... at home, at work or when out cycling etc.

Please contact Nick Butterworth for booking details.
Alan.

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin

Ditto to John's comments. Very useful reminder to the fundamentals.

ReplyQuote
 les1
(@les1)
Reputable Member

Big thank you, the course was fab and I think it's something we should all do, you never know when you might need to use it.

Thanks Steph, Alan and Nick 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@gareth)
Eminent Member

My thanks too to Steph and Alan and to Nick for organising. Hopefully I'll never need to call on what we learnt, but you never know.

ReplyQuote
(@woody)
Honorable Member

Totally echo the comments above, thanks to Steph, Al and Nick for last night, much appreciated and learnt a lot. Steph was great!

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin

..and more useful and timely than I thought! Ended up administering some first aid last night after my mum decided to fall and gash her head on a stone garden planter!
Just pressure to the wound to stop blood flow, the basic checks and then off to hospital! All well now fortunately, but nice to know that initial actions are the right actions to take in such a situation!

Thanks again to Steph!!

ReplyQuote
(@claire-o)
Reputable Member

Thank you to Steph, Alan and Nick on the First Aid course last night. I was a bit hesitant to do it, being the squeemish type. However, I felt that I learned so much and I feel more confident about being able to focus on the important steps to take. It was a brilliant course and I am really happy that I did it!

Thank you! 😀

ReplyQuote
(@alank)
Trusted Member

Thanks for your comments Claire . Your sentence on learning , giving you confidence and knowing the important steps to take ( in an emergency ) are exactly what the short course was intended to do so that is great.
Once again thanks and I will pass your comments to Steph.

ReplyQuote
Share: