This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Fill That Hole (or ...

Notifications
Clear all

Fill That Hole (or do you want something done about all the potholes on the roads?)

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@andrew-risk)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

There is a good website www.fillthathole.org.uk run by the CTC for reporting potholes to councils. Cheshire West & Chester are one of the best performing councils according to the website so get reporting those potholes now.

I've reported 4 this evening in Hartford and around Lach Dennis & Chelford which is on my way to work and will monitor progress over the next week.

Very easy to use and interactive mapping so just remember where they are and report them when you get home.

Alternatively there is an iphone app so you can report them while out an about.

Let's try and make those roads safer for everyone.

Cheers, Andrew.

(@jules)
Honorable Member

Sounds like something we should all use. Lots found this morning!!! 😡

ReplyQuote
(@derek-h)
Estimable Member

I have used this for my short route to work and the holes were filled reasonably soon but like all patch repairs this winter has opened them up again. So I will be posting details on the site again.

ReplyQuote
(@andrew-risk)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I'm already impressed.javascript:emoticonp(':)')

2 holes filled & the other 2 updated to "in progress".

Get reporting those holes and make the roads safer for everyone! 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@claire-o)
Reputable Member

"In 2007 CTC launched www.fillthathole.org.uk as your pothole hotline - because smoother streets mean safer cycling.

CTC has now teamed up with Aggregate Industries to provide a new feature that lets you rate how well your council fixes potholes.

Awards
We will be rewarding the best pothole fixing councils based on your ratings. After all, we want high quality, timely repairs.

You have the chance to win a prize too. The 'Best Reporter of Potholes' between January and April this year will win £500 to spend in the CTC shop. What better reason to use www.fillthathole.org.uk?

3,000 members already use www.fillthathole.org.uk. Why not join them? "

ReplyQuote
(@claire-o)
Reputable Member

http://www.fillthathole.org.uk/league-table

"This (CTC) league table ranks highway authorities according to hazards reported through FillThatHole.org.uk, and shows which authorities are best at fixing their road defects and reporting back to us.

We encourage highway authorities and hazard reporters to let us know when a road defect has been fixed. They can do this by replying to the emails we send them, using the contact form, or registering for an account and requesting to be associated with their authority."

Position 1 is 'Cheshire West and Chester' with 100 % reported being fixed. Those I have reported have all been fixed! 🙂

ReplyQuote
 kris
(@kris)
Honorable Member

DAMN HOLES DESTROYED MY CAR SUSPENSION

and my wallet.

ReplyQuote
Share: