This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

sunday23rd (Long)

Notifications
Clear all

sunday23rd (Long)

26 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@jules)
Honorable Member

@nofear wrote:

Bugger off 😉 why anyone would want to do 600km is beyond me. Not been to the Mills on a Sunday for months.

Flippin' eck Jules they will be giving your seat to somebody else as they're short on space in the Mills. 😯

Been loads on a Saturday lol

ReplyQuote
(@johnk)
Estimable Member

I had a lovely route planned today in order to take advantage of the wonderful summer weather; it would have been high mileage and lots of hills before and after the cafe; straight out to Mold, some great lanes above Mold to Loggerheads and a slight and rather hilly detour after the cafe on the way home....

As it turned out it was blowing a hurricane and raining like it was November when our already bedraggled 6 left the Legion the morning. Kevin C, Titch, Simon, Penny, a chap who, i'm really sorry i neglected to find your name and last and certainly least, me.

The headwind on the way out was relentless and the rain came and went and came again. Titch is getting stronger all of the time and had no problem riding away on hills and Kev showed no signs of fatigue after yesterday's training ride. Also Penny did fantastically after running a 5k race yesterday. We kept together neatly to the Mills only stopping to fix Penny's puncture. Beans, bacon, cakes, coffee and tea duly eaten we set off home with a very welcome tailwind. Again we all stayed pretty well together. The blast through the forest was more of a straggle with Kev allowing Titch to go off the front and Penny staying on Kev's wheel as Me and Simon drifted off the back.

In spite of the weather it was a very fine day on the bike, good banter and good training and 60 plus miles on the clock. Far better than sitting in front of the fire with a pipe.

P.S. I'm certain that my kinky overshoes will soon have other devotees - how many other people came home with completely dry clean and warm feet today? There is method in my madness.

ReplyQuote
(@simon-h)
Eminent Member

Really enjoyable ride today and a very generous description of me getting dropped! 😕

'Twas Martin (from Middlewich) who joined us on the ride and very strongly he rode too. Thanks all for a good day out and esp to Titch for rescuing me a couple of times!

John, re: your overshoes, yes they are practical, we all agree on that but do they have to be so shiny?? 😉

Are you going to post the pic you took of the bedraggled 6?

Cheers

Simon

ReplyQuote
 Paul
(@titch75)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

agreed, good day well led by John, shame we didn't have the numbers or conditions for loggerheads but maybe another week (when the moons aline) also if anyone gets the chance to sample some of the cakes at the mills i highly recommend the raspberry cheesecake brownie! As for the shoes john its functionality over look's every time and as is with all Assos clothing they do what they say on the tin.

ReplyQuote
(@carol-r)
Estimable Member

Sounds like a good ride!! I chose the sensible option and went to the gym!!! 😉

ReplyQuote
(@johnk)
Estimable Member

[attachment=0:24homanf]20130623_114310[1].jpg[/attachment:24homanf]

Only the brave...

ReplyQuote
(@johnk)
Estimable Member

@Carol R wrote:

Sorry to have not seen you Carol, it was 'challenging', you'd have loved it.

ReplyQuote
(@carol-r)
Estimable Member

@John K wrote:

@Carol R wrote:

Bit too wet for me still feeling apprehensive. Give me a few months then I'm sure I'll be back to being " hardcore!!!" 😆

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

@Carol R wrote:

@John K wrote:

@Carol R wrote:

Bit too wet for me still feeling apprehensive. Give me a few months then I'm sure I'll be back to being " hardcore!!!" 😆

to be fair, today was a bit wild, and reluctantly, I called it a draw ❗

ReplyQuote
 Paul
(@titch75)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

the rain wasn't the problem it was the wind, but that was rather nice on the return journey.

ReplyQuote
(@jules)
Honorable Member

@titch75 wrote:

the rain wasn't the problem it was the wind, but that was rather nice on the return journey.

I was in West Kirby on Sunday the wind could have blown a dog off a chain!!! Pleased I was riding in it though!!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: