This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Sunday 27th Nov

Notifications
Clear all

Sunday 27th Nov

11 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
 Moz
(@moz)
Topic starter  

Hi guys!

Are you out on a group ride this Sunday morning? Do you have room for another? I'm originally from Northwich but now live over in Arclid, Sandbach but spend loads of time in Northwich. I have been riding about 18mnths now and I'm looking to join a club.

Could I tag along Sunday? I'll be honest I've only rode in a group a couple of times and I'm keen to learn more. I've been doing lots of climbing in the peaks over the summer and managed my 1st 100mile ride in sept so my fitness is reasonable.

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.

Moz 🙂

(@woody)
Honorable Member

Hey up Moz,

Yeah we have rides every Sunday from Hartford British Legion (2 Bradburns Lane, Hartford, Northwich, Cheshire, CW8 1LS). The calendar currently shows Sunday rides on a Saturday for some reason!!

This Sunday the short run is off to Lavender Cafe at Dunham Massey, I would say we would get a good 50 miles in. The route is pretty flat too so should be a nice easy one to get involved with.

There will be loads of people available to offer advice on riding in a group. Also no-one gets left behind, so if it does get split up we all pull over at the next junction to get back together. I'm sure you'll manage fine from what you've been saying. You just need you, your bike and money for the cafe stop!

Woody

ReplyQuote
 Moz
(@moz)
Topic starter  

Good man Woody! Thanks for the reply.

50miles should 'break me in' nicely. I'll be there 🙂

Edit* Last question, what time should I be there for?

ReplyQuote
(@woody)
Honorable Member

We head off at 10am so I would get there 10 mins before 😀

ReplyQuote
(@alans)
Trusted Member

Hello Moz, welcome to WVCC, thanks for the encouragment Woody yes you'll be in good hands Moz there a good bunch the short group and we'll keep an eye on you. You sound fit enough to me so see you Sunday
ALANS

ReplyQuote
 kris
(@kris)
Honorable Member

Hey moz.

You the guy who tagged along with us a few weeks ago on our way to nantwich?

You'll do fine in either group, and welcome aboard!!

ReplyQuote
(@eleanor)
Estimable Member

Lovely ride today - thanks Alan - report on http://wvcccycleblog-runs.blogspot.com/2011/11/elaine-cops-it-and-where-was-julian-by.html

We gather they will be getting through the paracetamol in the Julian and Elaine household...

How did the long group get on?

ReplyQuote
 Moz
(@moz)
Topic starter  

Yes Kris that's me!

You guys rock. I was made to feel really welcome today, thank you all loads. You will defiantly be seeing me again if I'm welcome to return?

Day started with a puncture before I even set off which Vince sorted in the car park, so thanks to him.

Up until now cycling has been mostly a lonely experience with the odd ride with friends. Today felt like a social experience and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Cheers guys 😀

Last thing if anyone wants to add me on Facebook it's Paul 'Moz' Morris. My profile picture is my CX bike that I was on today.

ReplyQuote
(@carol-r)
Estimable Member

Hey the short run sounded very eventful today! Hope Elaine is ok? There was only a small group on the long run today but there were enough wheels to hide behind in the wind!!! I thoroughly enjoyed it. The pace was steady and suited everyone until the first of our climbs "The Dumbers" (hope thats spelt correctly) We all plodded up at our own pace, some a lot faster than others 😀 and we regrouped at the top for a very blowy descent towards Blaze farm!!! The lady at Blaze farm was funny, she thought it was hilarious that we would have a head wind home!!! We met Martin at the farm and he came back with us. Ride back was tough. A big thank you to the guys who took big turns on the front which enabled me to sit in the group 😆 It was a great ride and I was well looked after. Thanks!! 😉

ReplyQuote
(@woody)
Honorable Member

Nice blog as always El and big respect to Elaine for continuing on, bit of a nasty off 😥

Moz you did ace, no problems sat in the group. Hope to see you next week!

ReplyQuote
 Moz
(@moz)
Topic starter  

@woody wrote:

Moz you did ace, no problems sat in the group. Hope to see you next week!

I wish! I'm on call next week mate. Week after and I'm there. I'm rather hoping to do the track night on the 8th Dec as well.

ReplyQuote
Share: