This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Road runs and mudgu...

Notifications
Clear all

Road runs and mudguards

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@keegsio)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I'm hoping to finally get down to a club run this Sunday. A friend of mine has suggested that a lot of clubs insist on riders having mudguards for club runs. Is this the case with WVCC? I don't currently have mudguards fitted to my bike.

John

(@ady)
Member Admin

@keegsio wrote:

I'm hoping to finally get down to a club run this Sunday. A friend of mine has suggested that a lot of clubs insist on riders having mudguards for club runs. Is this the case with WVCC? I don't currently have mudguards fitted to my bike.

John

Mudguards aren't a pre-requisite for the club runs. Many of us ride winter bikes fitted with mudguards, because the roads are filthy and it's wet a lot of the time! As you can imagine, riding behind someone without mudguards will guarantee you a mud face pack by the time you get to the cafe!

We don't insist on it, and as summer months approach, you'll find that many of us ditch the mudguards altogether!

It's down to common sense and weather. If the roads are wet, it's a good idea to have them (and considerate to other club members - as well as keeping your bike a bit cleaner).

Quite a few of us use mudguards that clip on and off as required. Products such as SKS Race Blades or Crud Road Racer guards, instead of permanently fixed mudguards. These can be a good idea if a) you've got one bike that you ride summer and winter, or b) your bike can't be fitted with a more traditional set of mud guards. They are a 'better than nowt' idea!

Hope that helps - if worst came to worst, Alan might ban you to the back of the bunch!!!! 😈 (Joke!)

ReplyQuote
(@alans)
Trusted Member

Hello John,
Don't let no mudguards put you off turning out this Sunday , like Ady said if the weathers bad I'll stick you at the back (behind someone else we no guards) Ha!!
See you Sunday
ALAN S

ReplyQuote
Share: