This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Road run Holt

Notifications
Clear all

Road run Holt

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@tonyb)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I just like to say thanks to Kevin Underhill for leading out today's road run and there were many incidents like me breaking my chain and Kevin with his spoke! but the one which many of our group may not of known about was on our way home near Tarporley Penny and myself were behind Greg Lambert happy chatting away when a squirrel popped his head out of a hedge row and decided to cross the road from right to left straight through Gregs back wheel at 18mph Penny and I were gob smacked! we just could not believe what we had just witnessed! "talk about fast and agile was not in it! Anyway am pretty sure it was a female cos it didn't have any nuts in its hands!

Tony

(@eleanor)
Estimable Member

Blimey Tony I didn't know about the squirrel incident - did Greg? I take it both the squirrel and Greg were unhurt?!
Anyway if anyone's interested in seeing a picture of Andrew Risk's lunch, have a look at https://www.weavervalleycc.org.uk/fruit-cake-and-port/
Thanks for a great ride everyone!

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin

Fantastic blog Eleanor! Sounded like a great run. 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@carol-r)
Estimable Member

Really enjoyed today's ride 🙂 Great company as always and lots of laughs!!

Hope you all have a very merry Christmas and see you all soon 😀

ReplyQuote
 kris
(@kris)
Honorable Member

Great blog!

I'm having a pint of port for lunch from now on.

Oh, and we need to bring up squirrel discipline at the next AGM. Outrageous behaviour!

ReplyQuote
(@tonyb)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Greg and bike ok Eleanor but am sure it was pretty stressful for the squirrel he probably went to the nuthouse later.

Tony

ReplyQuote
(@andrew-risk)
Trusted Member

Great blog, and nice steady ride out.

Strangely enough I don't remember much of the ride home!!

Just beans on toast next time.

ReplyQuote
Share: