This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

october7th Long run

Notifications
Clear all

october7th Long run

11 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
 Paul
(@titch75)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

its down in the calender for loggerheads. just checking are people still up for loggerheads this sunday? fingers crossed for nice weather

(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

yep, never been yet but looking forward to a good ride

ReplyQuote
 Paul
(@titch75)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

yep it will be a good ride and the long climb towards the end is a beast 😉 its a good ride jim

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin

What an eventful ride - blog posted https://www.weavervalleycc.org.uk/blog/

Kev

ReplyQuote
(@johnk)
Estimable Member

Fab blog Kev, Chris always makes it interesting! Sounds like you had a great day. I'm sorry I couldn't come out today; I have a couple of great routes to and around Loggerheads, the sort of stuff Jules loves. Next time perhaps. See you all soon.

ReplyQuote
 les1
(@les1)
Reputable Member

Hilarious Blog Kev

ReplyQuote
(@carol-r)
Estimable Member

Kev you have definitely missed your vocation in life!!! Just read your blog, so funny cant believe I missed all this but I'm not surprised that it all revolved around Chris B 🙄

You will be pleased to know I found my way to the finish line and watched Dan finish with a PB of over 8 minutes!! Thanks for getting me there safely!!

See you all next week 😀

ReplyQuote
(@chris-buckley)
Eminent Member

Tim and Kevin were ingenious with the repair. I would like to especially thank Kevin for returning home with me, it really was beyond the call of duty. No breakfast and nearly 70 miles in the saddle made for a very hungry bunny when I got home. I'm fairly new to cycling and the comradeship never ceases to amaze me. Pro footballers could do with taking a massive leaf out of the cycling book. Thanks again Kevin, you are a gentleman.

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

Great Blog Kev, and great ride, if eventful!!

In addition, as you mentioned, Andy also had a puncture at the same time Chris's 2 punctures, what you didn't know, after standing there for 5 mins or so waiting for you guys, the tyre went down, so he had to changed it again 😆

Tim Also punctured on the way back too.

Much like everyone else, i felt a bit rusty due to the lack of club rides and holidays recently but I finished with 81 miles on the clock and 4400 ft ascent, Hope Mountain was just wrong 😥

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/230984185

Thanks to Kev and Jules for getting us there and back, thanks to all the guys for the company, see you all next week.

ReplyQuote
(@jack-c)
Eminent Member

Great ride this one! definately one of my personal favourites. Glad I can say I made it to the top of the appropriately named Hope Mountain!

ReplyQuote
(@woody)
Honorable Member

Sounds like a hot ride from you boys. Skillz on the repair.

ReplyQuote
Share: