This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Cannock Chase

Notifications
Clear all

Cannock Chase

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@les-charnley)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Most of you will know that you can't keep me off my mountain bike, have used it twice now in the last 18 months and the twice being Sunday the 19th. September. I went down to Birches Valley Mountain Bike centre near Rugeley to hone my breath taking MTB skills ready for my all Night d2d epic.
( For you novices this is a 12 hour Dusk to dawn event I was invited to take part in down in Norfolk on the night of Saturday- Sunday morning of October 2-3rd). Anyway back to Birches Valley, there appears to be several circuits and Craig ( my nephew, who lives in Norfolk) and I stormed round the DOG circuit. The centre has a cafe but the parking costs £3.00 for the day. Well just thought I would let all you MUD monkeys know that its there, as it may be another location to consider if you want to have one of your drive to the end of the World days out, as you seem to do on occasions on these funny bikes with very fat tyres. Thats it.

(@tthew)
Estimable Member

We went to Cannock on a VERY cold Saturday earlier in the year. My abiding memory of that ride is freezing my knackers off in the car park while Gareth changed his brake pads. Oh, and the riding was pretty good too. The new Monkey trail is massive, I did that a few weeks ago with some mates from Uni that I'm still in touch with. There are some bits in there that rival the best sections at Llandegla for speed and flow, unfortunately this means they've taken out some of the best and/or most broken bits of Follow the Dog to make it more suitable for beginners. I'd be up for it again!

ReplyQuote
(@nickb)
Estimable Member

See http://wvccbogblog.blogspot.com/ for more info

ReplyQuote
Share: