This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

antur stiniog

Notifications
Clear all

antur stiniog

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 phil
(@phil)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

any body been antur stiniog yet....how do you rate it,was going to give it a try.

(@ady)
Member Admin

@phil wrote:

any body been antur stiniog yet....how do you rate it,was going to give it a try.

No. Don't much like the idea of it either. Just looks like a commercial enterprise - pay to ride downhill - idea.

If you want the uplift, you are supposed to pre-book (£26)!

Don't know how much it is if you want to ride up, or whether you even can ride up - I got the impression that it was fenced (no facts to support this).

http://www.anturstiniog.com/activities-north-wales/mountain-biking/

ReplyQuote
(@nickb)
Estimable Member

It looks like serious downhill 6" travel sort of stuff to me. I read an article in one of the mtb mags. Not really what we are capable of - but I will try and have a look in when I am over that way.
We had a great ride last Saturday - I've just posted a report on the blog. Next ride Sat 5 Jan Delamere - hoping the rain stops before then!

ReplyQuote
(@tthew)
Estimable Member

Oh yeah, I'd love to have a shot at that!!

I've had a look at the website, and read a few online articles about it. There's a range of different routes, like at most trail centres, and the easiest has nothing that can't be rolled over apparently. Having said that, if you aren't confident to do a little jumping then you'd probably not get the best out of it.

Ady, you are correct, you can't ride up it yet, but even if you could it's 1.5 miles and 750 feet of climbing. I'd take the uplift!! If you got 8 to 10 runs down in a day that would be good value for money and you'd be surprised how physical that amount of downhill riding is. Also, the developers need to recoup their investment somehow.

Here's a video of the easier, 'blue' route that I found on youtube. [youtube:19lz3to4]9gvq81An5qw[/youtube:19lz3to4]

ReplyQuote
Share: