This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Web site update - F...

Notifications
Clear all

Web site update - Forum change

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@ady)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

The time is fast approaching where I'll be moving the forum to the new site.

As mentioned previously, unfortunate consequences of this will be:

1. Users will have to provide new passwords. This isn't as daunting as it may seem, and is a good security measure. I'll be emailing all users to start this process off.
  2. In some cases, user accounts won't be transferred at all. This will simply mean that you will have to re-register. This should only happen where a user has never posted a message on the board hough.
  3. Private messages (pm) will not be transferred.
  4. I'll have to stay up very late to backup all of the data(!)

I intend to schedule the database backup between midnight and 04:00 on the 08/04/2012. During this time, (hopefully you'll all be in bed and not posting!), the entire forum will be locked for posting. This is to enable the execution of a program that I have written, which will backup all posts and user details from the current site.

If the transfer is successful (it will only fail if the current database isn't backed up properly), then I'll post here again on Sunday, and keep the site open for a short period.

All current users will then receive a personal email, with instructions to login to the new forum, and setup a new password.

Watch this space, and I'll post a reminder here, and on the main web site before the transfer happens.

Share: