This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Web site outage not...

Notifications
Clear all

Web site outage notifcation

10 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@ady)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Just a quick note to say that the main web site (not the forum) will be unavailable for short periods tonight whilst I carry out some backups and update some software. All should be back to normal service by tomorrow.
When back in service there may be some noticeable formatting changes whilst further live updates are carried out.

(@ady)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Web site is back to full operation. You may note some changes, and there will be further changes made over the next few days. I don't anticipate needing to take the site out of operation for the further modifications on my list.

For now, there is a new Cafes link, with searchable map, that I'll be updating with information gathered by Martin Whyards, who has kindly compiled the list for me. Should anyone have any further suggestions for Cafe stops, let me know, and I'll put 'em on. More info to follow...

ReplyQuote
 kris
(@kris)
Honorable Member

Nice addition Ady!

Looks like a great list. Can I suggest the tea rooms at Longnor, and the Polocini café in Romiley?

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@kris wrote:

Nice addition Ady!

Looks like a great list. Can I suggest the tea rooms at Longnor, and the Polocini café in Romiley?

Indeed you can. Email a few details (postcode or address) and i'll get it added.

ReplyQuote
(@andybeswick)
Estimable Member

cafe idea is a great one ady, could I suggest putting an extra thumb or two on the station cafe, delamere as it's been given the same rating as linmere. the station cafe gives you free parking for nicks Sunday ride if you buy a coffee and I'd guess it would be fair to say it was the equivalent of two mills or the ice cream farm for the MTB faction (plus their egg and bacon barm could go toe-to-toe with the best of em')
cheers, Andy

ReplyQuote
(@jules)
Honorable Member

@andybeswick wrote:

cafe idea is a great one ady, could I suggest putting an extra thumb or two on the station cafe, delamere as it's been given the same rating as linmere. the station cafe gives you free parking for nicks Sunday ride if you buy a coffee and I'd guess it would be fair to say it was the equivalent of two mills or the ice cream farm for the MTB faction (plus their egg and bacon barm could go toe-to-toe with the best of em')
cheers, Andy

Agreed, there butties are a good start to a ride in the forest 😀

ReplyQuote
(@nofear)
Reputable Member

Love the café map Ady, really good. Particularly like the Weaver Valley jersey bumping up and down as if travelling along a typical Cheshire Lane! Pretty full list and the only ones I could think of that are occasionally used by the club but not on there are the 2 in Ruthin.

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Modifications made. Review line added along with opening times, whuch I'll update (slowly) where I can get information.
If anyone has additions, then email me with the following information:

Name (not just what you know it as - i.e. The Mills is the Eureka Etc
Address/Postcode
Opening times if you know them
Rating - how you rate it
Review - if you want to

Even better if you have a photo.

Cheers

ReplyQuote
(@andybeswick)
Estimable Member

hi ady, for the purpose of the map, summertrees will be pouring its last cup of tea on the 20th of this month 😥

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@andybeswick wrote:

hi ady, for the purpose of the map, summertrees will be pouring its last cup of tea on the 20th of this month 😥

oh dear... That's not good. 🙁

I'll sadly remove it from the map...

ReplyQuote
Share: