This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

UPDATE ON MARK THOM...

Notifications
Clear all

UPDATE ON MARK THOMPSON

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@alank)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I am very pleased to report that Mark is now back home after his spell in hospital due to his fall from his bike during the TLI National Road Race Championships .

After bumping his head and breaking his collar bone , Mark only expected to be in hospital for a night or two before going home.

Unfortunately things were not so straight forward as Mark discovered that although he could stand when supported he was unable to walk and was advised that these things can take some time to recover.

After a fortnight or so with no apparent progress with moving his legs , Mark was suddenly able to move a step or so on his crutches. He was obviously over the moon about this.

Back home now, Mark will be having plenty of physio to regain normal movement of his legs which will hopefully allow him to get back on his bike again, but knows he will have to be very patient as other members in the club will know only too well after their accidents.

Mark has aked me to thank everyone for their concerns and thoughts for him through this ordeal and I know we all wish Mark our very best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.
Alan

(@nickb)
Estimable Member

Thanks for the update Alan and all the best to Mark for a speedy recovery now you're back home.

ReplyQuote
(@eleanor)
Estimable Member

Thanks for letting us know Alan, Kev and I had been wondering how he was faring. We wish him a speedy recovery, and hope he'll be back in the thick of the action at next summer's TLI races.

ReplyQuote
Share: