This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Northwich Pedal Pow...

Notifications
Clear all

Northwich Pedal Power Festival

15 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@claire-o)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

On 11th May, Cycling is coming to Northwich Town Centre! There will be a five-mile family ride, BMX demonstrations, pop-up shops, live music, hog roast, cakes, bike safety checks, Beat the racer, Breeze ride for women, Sky ride, cycle clothing, accessories and much more! The online booking system for the family fun ride at 10:00 am is now up and running.

http://www.entrycentral.com/pedalpower

(@claire-o)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

The club has been invited to get involved in the festival. It will be a great way to give the club publicity in our home town! Do you have any suggestions as to what we should do? Is there anyone who would like to get involved on the day, whether manning a stall or running an activity or game? It might be just giving out information to potential new members, promoting safe cycling or introducing a more competitive element? Any thoughts, ideas and offers to help will be welcome! Thanks, Claire

ReplyQuote
(@tthew)
Estimable Member

Just seen this myself, hope you've already had some offers of help by more direct communication Claire.

I'd like to assist with this, whatever is planned. If you're still after suggestions, what about doing/showing how to carry out a basic pre-ride safety check for people. It's easy enough to do, takes about one minute and makes sure theres nothing mechanically too dangerous with your bike before setting off.

ReplyQuote
 JimW
(@jimw)
Member Admin

And some simple maintenance , like repairing a puncture, oiling a chain, or maybe, what to take out as a basic kit, (waterproof, pump, tyre levers, spanner for wheel nuts (if read) spare inner tube- all the stuff to go in a back pocket)

ReplyQuote
(@tthew)
Estimable Member

I suspect if we did that, people will come from far and wide to have their old crocks repaired for nothing!

ReplyQuote
(@claire-o)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Great ideas Matthew and Jim! Please come and help man the stall! The family ride starts at 10:00, so we would have to be ready to go before then. Meeting with c'ttee tomorrow night, so I will keep you posted! Thanks again! 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@tthew)
Estimable Member

Claire, can you e-mail or PM me with the details, like what you want us to bring and such like. Ta.

ReplyQuote
(@claire-o)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for the offer of help. The club are going to roll their sleeves up and get involved in this big day for Northwich. We have asked the Festival to borrow a gazebo for the stall. It will be 3m x 3m. We don't know yet on the location map where we will be positioned, but I have (naturally) asked for a good spot. There will be rollers, turbos and a bike stand. There will be different types of bikes on display - a time-trial bike, a tandem, a road and a mountain bike, with experts ( that's you!) on hand to talk about the different sports. There will be demonstrations of how to change an inner tube and repair a puncture. There will be a free bike check for riders in the family bike ride. There will be a raffle to win a GB jersey signed by various Olympic champions. There will be a video of the Cheshire Classic women's road race taking place on 27th April.There will be a speaker and music, and other goodies to draw the crowd! Alan has also planned that the Weaver Valley CC club runs will also come to the Festival site for a lunch stop.

The more club members who can man the stall, the better. It will look really impressive if we can all wear our club jerseys on the day. The family ride starts at 10am, so we need to be ready before 9am latest. I will have more information about this nearer the time. Also, I am sure that Jim Duffy will use the opportunity to bring along club kit for members who want to order, buy or collect kit.

All in all, I hope that there will be a buzz around our stand…!! 😀

ReplyQuote
(@tthew)
Estimable Member

Great. Thanks for the info. Looking forward to it.

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin

Great this Claire,Also looking foward to it Matt! I wont be out on the Club run that day because of attending the stand but I'll plan a run round our normal cheshire lanes to take in the festival in the town centre.
Thanks
Al 😀

ReplyQuote
(@claire-o)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

'Hello festival-goers!

As promised, here is the information you will need for this Sunday’s Pedal Power Festival Family Ride.

This contains your start time as well as important advice and guidance about where to register, what to bring, cycling safely, car parking, bike storage, toilets etc.

It would also be wonderful if you could continue to spread the word about this exciting event so please forward this onto your friends and family along with the registration website details ( http://www.entrycentral.com/pedalpower). Remember, all the profits from the ride are going to Northwich charity, The Joshua Tree, so by signing up you’ve already made a difference.

Now all we need is the weather ... but hey, even if it rains we're just going to throw on our waterproofs and enjoy it anyway!

We look forward to seeing you this Sunday.

The Pedal Power Team'

ReplyQuote
(@claire-o)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Many thanks to the Weaver Valley CC for making the Pedal Power Cycling Festival such a success - we had a really strong presence!

In particular thanks to Alan Silver, Graham and Ann Gregory, Matt Hornby, John Duffy, Andy Wood, Jules Perret, and Nick Butterworth. So many others came to support us including Jack, Jed, the Fearons, Steve, Simon, the Underhills. I hope that Ann is ok after an off? Get well soon Ann, and I will be looking to see the latest news...

Thank you everyone!

Claire 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

Is John Duffy a new member ? 😉

ReplyQuote
(@claire-o)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

He is your twin brother! 🙂

Thanks Jim for a great effort - people commented to me on how good the kit looked hanging up! 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

Get well soon ann, hope it's not too serious

ReplyQuote
Share: