This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

New Starter Rides

Notifications
Clear all

New Starter Rides

8 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@ady)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Weaver Valley CC are planning to take regular All abilities bike rides (Starter Rides)
Sunday 24th May Meeting at Hartford Social Club Bradburns Lane 10:00am
(opposite the Grange School )
These rides are designed to get Adults, Families, Youngsters with a road worthy
Road, ATB or hybrid bike (not BMX) confidence to ride with a few of our experienced club riders.
The routes will be between 5 and 10miles mainly on flat quiet roads and
tracks at an easy pace to suit all riding abilities on the day.
The plan is to introduce bike riders to club cycling and hopefully after
completing a number of these very short rides progress onto our Sunday
club runs.
The aim on these Starter Rides will be to ride out in one or more small groups
a short route around the Cheshire countryside with an halfway coffee stop before returning
home.
The routes suggested vary from Great Budworth Ice Cream Farm, Delemere Station Cafe ,
Toft road Ice Cream Farm , Tatton Park Cafe and various other cafe stops.
For more information contact Alan Silver Club Runs Captain
Text or Phone Mob: 07530809870

(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

Al, when we spoke about these a couple of months ago, we discussed progressively increasing them to enable people to reach the short run, I don't think 5 or 10 miles will do that.

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

This is only the first one. Pitching it short is there as an encouragement. For the second, third, fourth rides, dependent upon those who attend, distances may increase. You've got to start somewhere, be as non-exclusive as you can, and see what happens.
We don't just want this to be a training route to the short run, but to give people an opportunity to ride with a group at any level, and gain experience and confidence.

ReplyQuote
(@andybeswick)
Estimable Member

Good shout ade, I'll be bringing my lad whose 9, obvs I'll be responsible for him but maybe worth mentioning the 'parents must be responsible/minimum age without a guardian banter' if that is indeed the case.

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Yes. This'll be stated when i post this on Facebook.

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@andybeswick wrote:

Good shout ade, I'll be bringing my lad whose 9, obvs I'll be responsible for him but maybe worth mentioning the 'parents must be responsible/minimum age without a guardian banter' if that is indeed the case.

Nice one Andy we'll all look out for your lad! as Ady said its the first one so they'll be some rules to address.
I think I should have posted these rides as Start SOMEWHERE rides (Jim) .After the first ride 24th I'll know what abillities and responses from these new riders i'll get. My intention is also to run these rides in an evening so 5 10 15m rides are the starting point. If I'd have made these starter rides 20m+ it may keep people away from even giving it a go,

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

The only point I was trying to make was About trying to try and work up gradually to reach the short run , the has been interest already from people who find a breeze ride too short and slow, but a short run too long, so if the is a clear plan about some middle distance rides they can then target them.

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@JimDuffy wrote:

The only point I was trying to make was About trying to try and work up gradually to reach the short run , the has been interest already from people who find a breeze ride too short and slow, but a short run too long, so if the is a clear plan about some middle distance rides they can then target them.

Fare enough Jim ,if I assume on the day everyone is happy and capable of riding more miles and quicker then we'll go for it, so from our first ride I'll take it from there, clearer plan will rise from this.

ReplyQuote
Share: