This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Llanberis weekend

Notifications
Clear all

Llanberis weekend

20 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@jules)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Just like to thank Graham and Ann for there fantasy organisation of the weekend. Bit of a challenge this morning but all worked out great.

Thanks again you are both stars.

(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

@Jules wrote:

Just like to thanks Graham and Ann for there fantasy organisation of the weekend. Bit of a challenge this morning but all worked out great.

Thanks again you are both stars.

I second that, looking forward to next year already 😯

ReplyQuote
(@woody)
Honorable Member

Couldn't agree more, thanks for all your hard work.

Tough, tough weekend! Thanks to everyone I rode with, especially Rich Munro on domestique duties & Kev Underhill once again. Chapeau to Carol for an amazing first Llanberis, you can be chuffed with that.

This weekend was most certainly band of brothers!

ReplyQuote
(@eleanor)
Estimable Member

Wow that was amazing, and one of the toughest things I've done. Many thanks to Graham and Ann for everything...and all the other drivers and support crew for being so supportive...and to everyone who helped to keep my spirits up, and to everyone I rode with, it was just incredible how everyone looked out for everyone else. For example, Carol and I were so chuffed to see you'd waited for us at Betws y Coed, that was so generous spirited of you (Woody, Richard M, Ady and Steve). Biggest thanks of course to my super-domestique, I would have struggled without you Kev! Now back, I've had a bath and a sleep, I feel really great about the weekend, and looking forward to a curry...

ReplyQuote
(@stevemalkin)

Tremendous weekend Graham and Anne thanks for all your hard work and support, it really is appreciated.
Thanks also to all in the group I rode back with for looking out for me, could never have made it without your encouragement and support. I hope It wasn't too much of a nuisance having to wait for me at the top of every hill!
I must now be the holder of the 'slowest Llanberis run ever' title, but I'm hoping to improve for next year, bring it on!!

ReplyQuote
(@jules)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

@SteveM wrote:

Tremendous weekend Graham and Anne thanks for all your hard work and support, it really is appreciated.
Thanks also to all in the group I rode back with for looking out for me, could never have made it without your encouragement and support. I hope It wasn't too much of a nuisance having to wait for me at the top of every hill!
I must now be the holder of the 'slowest Llanberis run ever' title, but I'm hoping to improve for next year, bring it on!!

We done Steve, great ride 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@paul-h)
Eminent Member

Thanks to all the organisers. Great weekend.

ReplyQuote
(@carol-r)
Estimable Member

I will also second all comments from above!!! You all played apart in making my first Llanberis ride so good! I would like to thank Eleanor for sharing her super domestique as I couldn't have done it without them. A big thanks also goes to Rich Munro and Woody for towing me up the Sportsman. Graham and Ann are absolute superstars!! That is one of the toughest things I have ever done. Thank you all 😀

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin

@Jules wrote:

Just like to thank Graham and Ann for there fantasy organisation of the weekend. Bit of a challenge this morning but .

It wasn't fantasy. It really happened, honestly!!

ReplyQuote
(@derek-h)
Estimable Member

Glad you all got home safely 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@nickb)
Estimable Member

I agree with all that too! And especially thanks to Graham and Ann for organising it all so well and driving the vans. Turned out much better today than I expected, but still the toughest Llanberis/Plas Menai I've done 😯

ReplyQuote
(@nickb)
Estimable Member

A great weekend which could have been ruined by the selfish and stupid actions of one (non Weaver Valley) rider. A number of us witnessed this incident and I'll bring up at the next committee meeting, but don't want to discuss it any further on this public forum.

ReplyQuote
(@nofear)
Reputable Member

Best Llanberis yet Graham as it was warm rain for a change. 😀 Many thanks especially to Graham and Ann, but also to "Ewart Van Hire", Mrs Fearon who was never short of company in the car and also to Karen Boyle and Elaine for their support en route.

P.S. The catering was great in Ruthin, especially the soup.

ReplyQuote
(@eleanor)
Estimable Member

Great blog from Ady on https://www.weavervalleycc.org.uk/blog-2/
with some nice photos...great to see one photo of two juniors, James and Jacob, riding so strongly with Kris and Carl in the lead group over the Sportsman...fabulous to have such young talent in the club.

ReplyQuote
(@carol-r)
Estimable Member

Great blog Ady 🙂 thanks you all your support and encouragement over the weekend especially on Sunday when I was just about holding myself together!!! 🙄

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: