This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Notifications
Clear all

Jack MacFarland

11 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@jules)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

All,

For those that don't Jack MacFarland had a crash on Sunday taking part in the Audax. After being left after having a puncture one mile from the cafe, Jack was trying to get back to the people he was with and had a crash. The bad news is that Jack has 2 broken vertebrae in his neck 🙁 the good news is that there is no spinal or ligament damage. After being taken to the Countess he is now at home recovering.

Wishing Jack a speedy recovery.

JimW
(@jimw)
Member Admin

oh that's good news, bad that it's happened, but an outcome that is better than it could have been, get well soon Jack..

ReplyQuote
(@derek-h)
Estimable Member

Pleased to hear that it is not as serious as it might have been. Take it easy Jack and get well soon

ReplyQuote
(@carol-r)
Estimable Member

Here's wishing you a speedy recovery Jack!!! 😀

ReplyQuote
(@claire-o)
Reputable Member

Hi Jack,

Oh I am so sorry to hear this dreadful news. I saw the name and thought oh no, not Jack! I will come and visit you as soon as you can have visitors, Jack! Thinking of you lots!

Love

Claire xxx

ReplyQuote
(@eleanor)
Estimable Member

Jack, I'm so sorry to hear what happened - that sounds very painful. I hope you recover quickly. Very best wishes from Kev and me, we'll be thinking of you.

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin

Went to see Jack last night Tuesday although his crash sounded pretty horrific he's back home with a neck brace fitted for 6 weeks that's making life a bit uncomfortable at the moment. He's in good spirits and really looking forward to getting back on his bike, he said it could'nt have happened in the winter when we don't get out much but the start of summer when he's feeling quite strong and wanting to pedal everywhere.Anyway just a quick update, he's got a get well card and some choc's on behalf of the club.

ReplyQuote
(@jules)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

@LeaderAl wrote:

Went to see Jack last night Tuesday although his crash sounded pretty horrific he's back home with a neck brace fitted for 6 weeks that's making life a bit uncomfortable at the moment. He's in good spirits and really looking forward to getting back on his bike, he said it could'nt have happened in the winter when we don't get out much but the start of summer when he's feeling quite strong and wanting to pedal everywhere.Anyway just a quick update, he's got a get well card and some choc's on behalf of the club.

Nice one Al

ReplyQuote
(@jackmac)

Thank all who sent me there best wishes. At the moment I am clamped into something between a divers helmet
and a boxers head guard, from which I cannot look left or right making it difficult at roundabouts.
The Chester Daily Bugle reported me to be the finest exhibitionist to be seen in the city for many a year, doing
pirouettes along the canal front, without I may say an orchestra, of which any ballet company worth its salt
would have envied
Keep looking behind you I'll be along soon. Jack

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin

@jackmac wrote:

Thank all who sent me there best wishes. At the moment I am clamped into something between a divers helmet
and a boxers head guard, from which I cannot look left or right making it difficult at roundabouts.
The Chester Daily Bugle reported me to be the finest exhibitionist to be seen in the city for many a year, doing
pirouettes along the canal front, without I may say an orchestra, of which any ballet company worth its salt
would have envied
Keep looking behind you I'll be along soon. Jack

Good man.. and now you've got into the forum you won't be as bored while you mend!

Take it easy and get well soon!

ReplyQuote
(@derek-h)
Estimable Member

Jack glad you are on the mend and you were never behind me 😆

ReplyQuote
Share: