This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Notifications
Clear all

crash

35 Posts
22 Users
0 Likes
(@gareth)
Eminent Member

Ouch! She's incredibly brave and didn't show any pain at all until trying to ride off. I'm really surprised, get well soon Carol.

ReplyQuote
 JimW
(@jimw)
Member Admin

Double drat, hope your back soon Carol. Get well quickly

ReplyQuote
(@andrew-risk)
Trusted Member

Ouch, get well soon Carol. 😯

James is a bit bruised and stiffening up but otherwise ok. Sounds like even though they'd slowed down the road was really slippy. There were places on the short run the same but luckily no casualties on that ride.

Bruce, please pass on our huge thanks to your friend for coming to the rescue, well beyond the call of duty. 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin

Poor Carol. She was certainly brave considering the flack she was getting. It's ironic that on a really tough and fast ride (80 miles and over 4000 ft climbing) that the three of them went down whilst riding relatively sedately - still I guess that's often the case. Both El and I wish her a speedy recovery, rides won't seem the same without her inimitable jovial banter! Big thanks must go to Bruce for immediately ringing and organising a lift for all three invalids and for volunteering to stay and ride back on his own (with lights). I felt very much like the shepherd who had lost his sheep with the four of them, Richard M turning back early, Dave blowing a tub and having to call his wife and El snapping a gear cable (again) and turning back in the forest. So of the 13 who set off only 6 lasted the distance - a club record? Kev

ReplyQuote
(@rich-m)
Eminent Member

Very sorry to hear this, Carol was going really well today and looked very strong. Hope you have a speedy recovery Carol.

ReplyQuote
(@tonyb)
Eminent Member

Wishing James, Dylan and Carol a speedy recovery and well done Bruce for saving the day.

Tony

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin

Ouch! Hope the elbow heals quickly. 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@pete-w)
Eminent Member

Gutting - get well soon Carol!

ReplyQuote
(@rob-d)

Wishing you a speedy recovery Carol

ReplyQuote
(@carol-r)
Estimable Member

Thanks guys!! Looking like pins and plates or wires to sort me out hopefully in the morning!! Don't think I'll be out for at least 6 weeks 🙁 those of you who know how much my Sunday runs mean to me will understand how gutted I am 🙁 will miss all the stick I get!!! I'll keep you updated!! See you all at Christmas!! 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@chris-buckley)
Eminent Member

Wow, 6 weeks. Very sorry to hear that. Wishing you a speedy recovery Carol. X

ReplyQuote
(@brucehelliwell)

hi , hope you have a speedy recovery carol and guys it was the right call to get picked up , first time i have ridden in the dark not knowing all the way home, glad the money i spent on my garmin wasn,t wasted . my boss martin who came will give me some stick , has rung asking how carol is if anyone knows could they ring me @ work so i can tell him 01606 554500 thanks

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

@Carol R wrote:

Thanks guys!! Looking like pins and plates or wires to sort me out hopefully in the morning!! Don't think I'll be out for at least 6 weeks 🙁 those of you who know how much my Sunday runs mean to me will understand how gutted I am 🙁 will miss all the stick I get!!! I'll keep you updated!! See you all at Christmas!! 🙂

It just wont be the same without you Carol :cry:, hope you get well soon

ReplyQuote
 karl
(@karl)
Estimable Member

Absolutely gutted for you Carol 🙁 . I hope the recovery is a good one. I hope the other guys who came down are ok as well.

For what its worth, the lady in the house opposite said there had been 3 accidents in 3 weeks with cyclists on the same bend, not that that helps 🙁 . Looks like a cyclists accident blackspot 😯 . Maybe the council should be contacted and anti-slip surface put on the stretch of road.

As Kris said, the roads yesterday were well dodgy. Take it easy out there...

ReplyQuote
(@carol-r)
Estimable Member

Well I'm home with a plate in my elbow!!! The good news is I'm not in plaster so recovery should be a lot quicker 😀 I'll be back before you've even missed me!!! 😛

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3
Share: