This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Cliff Royle R.I.P.

Notifications
Clear all

Cliff Royle R.I.P.

7 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@terryv)
Topic starter  

Sadly I report the passing of Weaver Valley's oldest member, Cliff Royle who died at the weekend, aged 91. I saw him recently, after he had returned home from hospital where he had been over Christmas and New Year following a heart attack. Considering his condition he was bright and cheerful and was planning to attend the Club Dinner.

Cliff, a real gentleman, was a Club life member, former Chairman, Secretary and event organiser. As well as his long interest in cycling he was also keenly involved in local running and walking clubs. He will be sadly missed.

No other details available at present.

(@ady)
Member Admin

That's sad news. I remember Cliff from my time in the club in the early to mid 80s, and he was always a nice approachable bloke. I have particularly fond memories of his involvement at the start line when The Leigh Premier hill climbs took place, and the start line was opposite his house in Frodsham, and he was there with words of encouragement for the riders.

ReplyQuote
(@nofear)
Reputable Member

I'm gutted to hear this news as Jimmy, Dave D and I visited him only a few days ago and he appeared to be in very good spirits and not at all unwell. Cliff was a very friendly and positive gentleman who took on many challenges in his long life as well as organizing many running / cycling / walking events. I'm glad we had the opportunity to share a pleasant evening with him last week as we exchanged a few stories and memories from the past. Best wishes to his family as he will be sadly missed.

ReplyQuote
 JimW
(@jimw)
Member Admin

Kathy and I were really saddened by this news...Cliff, a true gent, but never one to mince his words, those that knew him will know what I mean.
Ever the ladies man, even last week he asked me ' and how's that good lady of yours?
A credit to our club, I'm just glad I got spend a little bit of time with him last week.
Our thoughts are with Margret and his son Alan.

ReplyQuote
(@woody)
Honorable Member

Sad news, I'm glad he was able to spend his last days with friends and stories.

ReplyQuote
(@nickb)
Estimable Member

Very sorry to hear this sad news. As well as all his good work for cyclists, Cliff was a keen runner and organised a very successful 10 mile Fun Run every March for many years. I used to enjoy this along with a number of other club members.

ReplyQuote
 kris
(@kris)
Honorable Member

Sad news 🙁

I didn't know Cliff personally, but he sounded like a real nice chap.

ReplyQuote
Share: