Below are the provisional dates for all club events and championships for 2020. Clearly this is subject to the World returning to some sort of normality so watch this space…..
Weaver Valley CC – Club Time Trials 2020
- Wednesday 3rd June WVCC Club 10 Guardian Cup Counter
- Wednesday 10th June WVCC Club 10 Guardian Cup Counter 2
- Saturday 13th June East Lancs RC 25 Club Championship
- Saturday 20th Jun M&DTTA 50 Club Championship
- Wednesday 24th June WVCC Club 10 Guardian Cup Counter 3
- Wednesday 1st July WVCC Club 10 Club Champ & GC Counter 4
- Wednesday 8th July WVCC Club 10 Guardian Cup Counter 5
- Sunday 12th July SCCA & WCTTA 100 Club Championship
- Wednesday 15th July WVCC Club 10 Guardian Cup Counter 6
- Sat/Sun 18th & 19th Jul Mersey Rds 24hr Club Championship
- Wednesday 22nd Jul WVCC Club 10 Guardian Cup Counter 7
- Wednesday 29th Jul WVCC Club 10 Guardian Cup Counter 8
- Wednesday 5th Aug WVCC Club 10 Guardian Cup Counter 9
- Wednesday 12th Aug WVCC Club 10 Final Fling
- Sunday 23rd Aug WCTTCA 12 Hour Club Championship
- Sunday 13th Sept WVCC Hill Climb Club Championship
- Saturday 26th Dec WVCC Club 10 Boxing Day 10
10 mile TT Details
See the points scoring system for the Guardian Cup described under competitions and trophies on the club website.
Meet in Shakerley Mere Car Park Near finish motorway bridge at 18:30
Course: JC19 pay £4.50 per WVCC rider of £5 for none WVCC riders on the day at start. It is suggested that you arrive at least 30 minutes before the start as it takes approximately 10 – 15 minutes to ride to the start.
Start: On B5082 (Pennys Lane, Lach Dennis) at far exit of Threeways Garage. (OS SJ712720)
Proceed east along Pennys Lane to meet the A50.
Turn left along A50 and travel north to the junction with B5081.
Turn left along B5081 (Middlewich Road), and proceed to the
Finish: On the B5081, at a ‘Crossoads’ warning road sign, approx 100m before the junction with Wash Lane. (OS SJ736719).
Championships TT Details
25 championship Course: J2/9 Start in Bomish Lane near Jodrell Bank
50 championship Course: J4/16 Start on Twemlow Lane near Cranage
100 championship Course: D100/1 Start at Prees Island near Whitchurch
12 Hour Champs Course: D12/1 Start at Farndon
24 Hour Champs Course: D24HR Start at Farndon
Hill Climb Champs Course: J7/9 Start at foot of Cat & Fiddle in Macclesfield
The above races are open time trials and therefore all entries for weekend time trials close on the Tuesday 11 or 12 days before the event. The events are conducted under Cycling Time Trials (CTT) Regulations and you need to enter using the official CTT entry form. This form can be found under the information tab / rider info / forms & guidance notes on the following website. The event calendar which provides organizer name and address and entry fee / event information can be found under events / events list.
The entry process is very easy and don’t let the fact that it’s an open event daunt you as the atmosphere at races is very relaxed and pleasant and unlike a massed start road race, you can ride at your own pace and nobody is bothered where you come in the results. Riders are of both sexes and all ages take part and all look forward to the tea and biscuits and chat after the event. The CCT website link is below.
Please have a go as I’m sure you’ll have fun and the first three finishers in each championship receive a medal, but everybody enjoys themselves. If you need any further help please contact me on the forum by e-mail or by phone or if you see me around just ask.
Tel: 07554 587763