This year we are pleased to announce that we are going to run the Wednesday 10 mile TTs, starting on Wednesday 28th April.
Further events will be added to the club calendar over the next few days.
Given the current restrictions, we do have to make some important changes to the way we run them however.
Please read these below. These notes are important.
1. This year’s events are open only to paid up WVCC club members (1st or 2nd Claim). I know others read this Facebook group and may be disappointed, but in order to be able to make these events work with just a few volunteers, we have decided that this is the best way for the time being.
2. For each event, held on Wednesday evenings, we will not be accepting cash payment, but you will be able to pay via Paypal at any time up to midnight on the Monday immediately before the event. If you have not paid, you will not be riding. The fee is £4 per event. You can pay this here at https://paypal.me/pools/c/8yMGXRr5Qs.If for exceptional circumstances you cannot start on the Wednesday evening, your payment will be carried over for one week only. As this is quite an administrative overhead for the club, the fee will not be returned after this.
3. Upon arriving at Shakerley Mere Car Park from 18:30, you MUST NOT gather in groups of more than 6 and MUST observe social distancing. The first rider must be at the start line at 19:00. Please allow yourself enough time to arrive, sign-on, collect your number and warm up for the event, and stay safely distanced from others.
4. When signing on, you must bring your own pen to sign on with.
5. When you have your number, you must leave the signing on area to prepare to ride. You must pin your own number on and not ask for assistance from others, unless the other person is someone from the same household as you.
6. Please do not arrive at the start area too early. No earlier than 5 minutes before your start time.
7. You will NOT be allowed congregate on the garage forecourt.
8. When lining up to start. Maintain social distancing from the rider in front.
9. You will start from a ‘foot-down’ position rather than having your saddle/seat post held whilst clipped in.
10. When you have finished the event, stop in Wash Lane (this is the lane on the left just after the finish), unpin your number and place it into the receptacle provided. You will be directed to the location to drop off your number. DO NOT hand your number to anyone else or ask for assistance in unpinning your number, unless the other person is someone from the same household as you.
11. No times will be available at the finish. DO NOT approach the timekeeper for your time. They will be published later on Facebook.
12. After the event, you MUST NOT gather in groups of more than 6 and MUST observe social distancing. You must leave for home as soon as is reasonably practicable.
13. The start and finish of each event will be marshalled. Any infringements of the above rules or those which contravene general COVID-19 restrictions may mean that you are asked to leave the event.
Thanks for your understanding.