Knutsford, Cheshire West and Chester WA16
WVCC Club 10s 2021 – Guardian Cup Round 6
For experienced and new club riders alike, just come along and have a go. It’s all about you and the clock, and measuring your own performance. It’s therefore open to all club members, no matter what you ability or level of fitness.
Meet in Shakerley Mere Car Park in Northwich Road (B5082) at 18:30 to sign on. First rider to start line at 19:00.
Course: JC19 pay £4 per WVCC rider, £5 for non members
Start: On B5082 (Pennys Lane, Lach Dennis) at far exit of Threeways Garage. (OS SJ712720)
Proceed east along Pennys Lane to meet the A50.
Turn left along A50 and travel north to the junction with B5081.
Turn left along B5081 (Middlewich Road), and proceed to the
Finish: On the B5081, at a ‘Crossroads’ warning road sign, approx 100m before the junction with Wash Lane. (OS SJ736719)
Given the current restrictions, we do have to make some important changes to the way we run the events this year.
Please read these below. These notes are important.
General rules, and COVID-19 specific precautions:
- Unless restrictions change, the rest of this year’s club 10s are open WVCC club members and visitors. Entry into Guardian Cup is however for 1st claim members only.
- We are now reverting to our traditional model of cash payment. Please bring the exact change with you on the night, as no change will be given. This is to avoid lots of handling of cash passed around many people.
Members: £4, Visitors: £5
- Upon arriving at Shakerley Mere Car Park from 18:30, you MUST observe social distancing. The first rider must be at the start line at 19:00. Please allow yourself enough time to arrive, sign-on, collect your number , warm up for the event, and stay safely distanced from others.
- You must have a working rear light.
- When signing on, please bring your own pen to sign on with.
- When you have your number, you must leave the signing on area to prepare to ride. You must pin your own number on and not ask for assistance from others, unless the other person is someone from the same household as you.
- If you arrive at the forecourt earlier than 5 minutes before your start time, you MUST maintain social distancing from others.
- When lining up to start. Maintain social distancing from the rider in front.
- You will start from a ‘foot-down’ position rather than having your saddle/seat post held whilst clipped in.
- Ride the course safely and within the rules. This means:
– Slow down at junctions that require you to Give Way (as per the Highway Code). Infringement will lead to disqualification, and your time will not be recorded.
– DO NOT cross the centre line fo the road. This is dangerous. Infringement will lead to disqualification, and your time will not be recorded.
- IMPORTANT: When you have finished the event, after you have crossed the finish line, turn left immediately into Wash Lane (this is the lane on the left just after the finish), unpin your number and place it into the bin provided. You will be directed to the location to drop off your number. DO NOT hand your number to anyone else or ask for assistance in unpinning your number, unless the other person is someone from the same household as you. Don’t hang around chatting in Wash Lane. It is narrow and there isn’t room for this.
- No times will be available at the finish. DO NOT approach the timekeeper for your time. They will be published later on Facebook.
- After the event, back at the car park you MUST observe social distancing.
- The start and finish of each event will be marshalled. Any infringements of the above rules or those which contravene general COVID-19 restrictions as defined by CTT may mean that you are asked to leave the event.
Thanks for your understanding.