This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

nned some new wheel...

Notifications
Clear all

nned some new wheels. (shimano)

8 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 Paul
(@titch75)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

i want some new wheels but cant afford a lot so if anyone could suggest a pair that are new but pretty cheap sort of up to £500 maximum i need them to be for shimano 10 speed. or a pair that are second hand if anyone has any?
thankyou 🙂

Posted : 28/03/2012 8:47 am
(@woody)
Honorable Member

Head into Dave Hinde's, he has loads of Shimano wheels. I'd definitely get pair of RS80s - incredible wheels and you'll have spare change too.

Posted : 28/03/2012 7:37 pm
 Paul
(@titch75)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

cheers woody 🙂 the ones with the carbon coating on? i have looked at them as well but couldnt make my mind up ill have a look 🙂

Posted : 28/03/2012 7:43 pm
(@woody)
Honorable Member

Yes definitely best investment I made.

Posted : 28/03/2012 8:21 pm
 Paul
(@titch75)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

do you think there alright for club runs and training thinking about getting full carbon ones for races.

Posted : 28/03/2012 9:00 pm
 karl
(@karl)
Estimable Member

if you're after decent wheels, you may want to chack out Planet X ?

excellent service and really decent to deal with (I'm not on commission!).

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/WBPX52CCLHBPC/planet_x_52mm_carbon_clincher_wheelset_hand_built_by_paul_curran

I have some Carbon tub rims on and they're extremely responsive..

Posted : 29/03/2012 8:10 am
 Paul
(@titch75)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

ye ive looked at there carbon ones i just dont want to go ahead and buy carbon ones for racing just yet cos i have a feeling that mine are going to give up on me soon and nowadays its just as cheep to buy whole new wheels than buying new hubs and getting them rebuilt. but ill still have a look cos they might have some aluminium ones.

Posted : 29/03/2012 8:50 am
(@gareth)
Eminent Member

If you're after some RS80's then checkout Merlin cycles. They've an additional 10% off this weekend so they work out at £283.46, or see if Hindey will match their price?

Posted : 30/03/2012 12:59 pm
Share: