This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

V718 10 TT Hull

Notifications
Clear all

V718 10 TT Hull

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@woody2)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hi everyone,

I am going to register for this event.

If anyone fancies joining me, I will be happy to give you a lift.

I have 3 spaces in the car available, I know optimistic.

Regards Nigel

(@nofear)
Reputable Member

Hi Nigel,

There are loads of events on V718 so which one are you entering? Also bear in mind that this is the fastest 10 course in the country so unless you enter one of the limit events it is highly likely that you will not get in, but it's worth a try. Very often V718 closes with either a 22 or even a 21 minute best last three seasons time.

I won't be riding on there until August as there are 2 events that we always ride and very often at least one of them is a fast day. These are the Yorkshire Velo 10 on 18th August and the Team Swift Charity 10 on 25th August. Last year both were fast but especialy the latter as that day Hutch beat competition record with a 17:45 and I got the club record with 20:55.

You will definitely get in these 2 events as there are 3 seperate time trials each day, fastest 120 riders, slowest 120 riders and W/J/ overflow seniors and vets. If these dates don't suit you there are other dates with multi-events taking place or rersitricted events so tose are the ones to aim for. I'd offer you a luift with us but as there are 4 of us every inch of available space is always filled (it's like flippin military manoevres)!

Another good course is L1015 at Levens. This course always feels quicker than V718 but it's a bit slower usually because it can be windy being on the coast but it does have a ski slope start and a wopping great fast turn island. These days the course can only be used after 6pm but often the wind drops in the evening so this can be a good thing, but you don't have the traffic volume to pull you along like you do on V718, which is at the end of a motorway! many people can't be bothered going to Levens in the evening so it is rare these days to get your entry back on Levens.

Nearer to home are the D10/15 at StAsaph and the D10/19 at Pulford. These are not as fast as V718 & L1015 but they are not bad on a decent day and always quicker than the "J" course 10's. Hope this helps.

Cheers

Dave

ReplyQuote
Share: