This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Turbo or Rollers??

Notifications
Clear all

Turbo or Rollers??

21 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
 JimW
(@jimw)
Member Admin

Ady
I have a Reynolds 853 'Sirius' frame going if you like [ I think its an old 22"] the paint is good with only one small rub on the top tube.
I was going to put it on ebay, and expect over £100, you can have it for £70 [as you a decent chap!].
It comes with a new square taper BB, an old headset with a quill to Ahead adaptor [so you can use a new style stem] the headset is in great condition.
It's probably too good for a turbo but what the heck, it's only sitting in my garage.
If your interested let me know.

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

OK, having looked at all products mentioned and the preferance to have a VR, i think i have narrowed it down to the following

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/road-track-bike/tacx-tacx-trainers-rollers-tacx-i-vortex-t2160-vr-trainer-with-tts-4-advanced-ant-stick/tacxtrai850000000000 Circa £600-700
http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/road-track-bike/elite-elite-trainers-rollers-elite-realaxiom-ct-conconi-internet-inc-2-courses/elittrai680000000000 - Circa £800 -900

For those in the know, is the Elite £300 better than the tacx? Is there really any benefit for a novice live me??

ReplyQuote
(@chris-buckley)
Eminent Member

Jim, I have a top of the range tack still in its box, brand new. I never got round to setting it up. Make me a sensible offer and it's yours. It was £1100 about 10 months ago. It's the Genius Multiplayer VR Trainer.

ReplyQuote
(@nofear)
Reputable Member

" I have a top of the range tack still in its box, brand new. I never got round to setting it up." 🙄

How the other half live ...... a £1100 toy still in the box because you couldn't be bothered to set it up. I bet you've got an old Bentley in the swimming pool as well hey!! 😆

ReplyQuote
(@chris-buckley)
Eminent Member

Just doing my bit for the retail sector in times of need x

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin

@JimW wrote:

Ady
I have a Reynolds 853 'Sirius' frame going if you like [ I think its an old 22"] the paint is good with only one small rub on the top tube.
I was going to put it on ebay, and expect over £100, you can have it for £70 [as you a decent chap!].
It comes with a new square taper BB, an old headset with a quill to Ahead adaptor [so you can use a new style stem] the headset is in great condition.
It's probably too good for a turbo but what the heck, it's only sitting in my garage.
If your interested let me know.

That does sound far too good - if I were you I'd stick it on eBay. The market is ripe for the picking!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: