This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Saturday ride 15/06...

Notifications
Clear all

Saturday ride 15/06/13

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@jules)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Good ride today out to the Mills. Could not believe we got away without being rained on. But the roads were wet and covered in mud etc after overnight rain. Out today was myself, Jon C, John K, Kev C, Ewart, Tony, Penny and Nigel. Special mention to new rider Penny from Hartford, first time out with the club and on a training ride to boot. We had her doing through and off along the river and back through Saughton. A very good runner who took up cycling in Feb. She did a great job after looking a bit nervous at the club!! Penny will hopefully be out tomorrow.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/328070191

(@jules)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Oh forgot to mention John Keen's overshoes!!!!! Looked like something out of an S+M dungeon 😆 He didn't get much stick even a group of ladies near the river in Chester had a laugh 😉

ReplyQuote
(@johnk)
Estimable Member

I really enjoyed it today thanks everyone. Particular Thanks to sergeant major Jules for leading and Barking. New rider Penny did a fantastic ride, with a little extra speed she will be a real threat. I've already offered my management services (for a cut of all winnings obviously! ). Re. The overshoes; I know they do look a bit gimpy but they really did the job, and I know everyone was just jealous. The reason those ladies in Chester were laughing and taking pictures was just because they thought the o/shoes are so sexy.

For those interested, I finally found out about the pain that's been bothering me these past months; I have osteoporosis in my spine and to a lesser degree in my hips. I've got more tests and a consultant to see but with a little luck it can be brought under control in time.

See you all soon.

ReplyQuote
(@jules)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

@John K wrote:

I really enjoyed it today thanks everyone. Particular Thanks to sergeant major Jules for leading and Barking. New rider Penny did a fantastic ride, with a little extra speed she will be a real threat. I've already offered my management services (for a cut of all winnings obviously! ). Re. The overshoes; I know they do look a bit gimpy but they really did the job, and I know everyone was just jealous. The reason those ladies in Chester were laughing and taking pictures was just because they thought the o/shoes are so sexy.

For those interested, I finally found out about the pain that's been bothering me these past months; I have osteoporosis in my spine and to a lesser degree in my hips. I've got more tests and a consultant to see but with a little luck it can be brought under control in time.

See you all soon.

At least you know what's wrong mate. I'm sure they will be able to treat it and you will be back on flying form very soon. Your not going bad at the moment anyway!!!! Just heard the sex shop in Chester are now stocking the overshoes 😯

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

Great effort from Penny, she sounds like a threat to Carol 😉 oh er misses 😆
John you have looked ok the last couple of rides i have seen you on 😀 hope yr sorted soon

ReplyQuote
(@carol-r)
Estimable Member

😆 😆 😆 Jim Duffy!!!!!

ReplyQuote
Share: