This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Preston reliability...

Notifications
Clear all

Preston reliability Trial - Sunday 27th Jan

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 kris
(@kris)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

I am thinking of doing the Preston reliability Trial this Sunday.

It's 74miles, but the route I may be doing is 103 miles (from Horwich, setting off at 7.45am).

It's relatively fast paced, and takes in Bowland Knotts. Will be a good test of the early season legs.
http://www.prestonwheelers.com/Prestonwheelers.com/Reliability_Trial_2013.html

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Kris.

(@winsforddave)
Trusted Member

Kris,
firstly congrats and all the best with the new team.
Should be a cracking ride as long as weather is ok the scenery is great, if you have time to admire it - I used to ride with Cleveleys and this area was our normal riding area - done Bowland Knotts both directions many times and if you go over from Slaidburn there is some serious climbing followed by a very long descent on open moorland (make sure you are well wrapped up after so much climbing)

If you go from Bentham side you climb for ages and can generally see where you are heading, which can be daunting if you're going through a bad patch. The descent towards Slaidburn is bit hairy as it twists and turns through Gisburn Forest by the reservoir, seem to remember the roads round there are fairly narrow.

Enjoy the ride Kris

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

@kris wrote:

I am thinking of doing the Preston reliability Trial this Sunday.

It's 74miles, but the route I may be doing is 103 miles (from Horwich, setting off at 7.45am).

It's relatively fast paced, and takes in Bowland Knotts. Will be a good test of the early season legs.
http://www.prestonwheelers.com/Prestonwheelers.com/Reliability_Trial_2013.html

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Kris.

Thought you were doing the mere 200 Kris?

ReplyQuote
 kris
(@kris)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Was going to, but this is a better training ride. Race pace, with a few attacks on the way home apparently!

ReplyQuote
 JimW
(@jimw)
Member Admin

@kris wrote:

Was going to, but this is a better training ride. Race pace, with a few attacks on the way home apparently!

Wow, Preston reliability on your work horse mountain bike...respect!

ReplyQuote
Share: