This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

A Mere Two Hundred ...

Notifications
Clear all

A Mere Two Hundred - 200km Audax 26th Jan 2013

69 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
 JimW
(@jimw)
Member Admin

Just remember to enter at least 2 weeks before, this is not like a RR where you can see what the weather is doing then turn up and enter on the line.
If anyone is planning on an EOL they will be turned away disappointed"

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

After debating this or the downhill, i think this ride would be more productive towards Llanberris training. So i have decided, thats it, i am in. Entry form has gone off and Dave Coley has confirmed he will accept my late entry.

I can hear the groans from you quick guys already 🙄 , don't worry though, i dont expect you to hang around, I will be more than happy plodding round on my own if i cant keep the pace.

ReplyQuote
(@winsforddave)
Trusted Member

@JimDuffy wrote:

I can hear the groans from you quick guys already 🙄 , don't worry though, i dont expect you to hang around, I will be more than happy plodding round on my own if i cant keep the pace.

Jim, audaxes generally break into a few groups and you find a group that suits your pace. Also you may end up riding with a few groups through the day as cafe stops mix it up a bit. Yes there are always the guys who want to thrash it, particularly this time of year; but there are also ones who want to go steadier, especially over 200k.

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

@WinsfordDave wrote:

@JimDuffy wrote:

Jim, audaxes generally break into a few groups and you find a group that suits your pace. Also you may end up riding with a few groups through the day as cafe stops mix it up a bit. Yes there are always the guys who want to thrash it, particularly this time of year; but there are also ones who want to go steadier, especially over 200k.

Cheers Dave, its all new to me, so gonna have to suck it and see 😆

ReplyQuote
 karl
(@karl)
Estimable Member

My entries gone in as well Jim last Friday.

I'll be treating these as steady miles, but haven't done one before, so new to me as well... 😕

ReplyQuote
(@derek-h)
Estimable Member

The name of the game is go at your own pace. All of you are more than capable of completing in the time. Just make sure you have gear to stay warm, lights and a good basic tool kit there will be no support. I look forward to stamping your cards as you go through. Manchester side of Delamere Station in the car park 🙂

ReplyQuote
 karl
(@karl)
Estimable Member

start sheet received....
snowchains purchased.....
thunderbirds are go 😕

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

@karl wrote:

start sheet received....
snowchains purchased.....
thunderbirds are go 😕

Mine have arrived too ❗

ReplyQuote
 karl
(@karl)
Estimable Member

Excellent... see you there Jim 😀

Do we have any other Weaver Valley partaking ?

ReplyQuote
(@derek-h)
Estimable Member

Looks like you 2 riding and me sat in a car controlling. To my knowledge 3 in an audax matches the best total I have witnessed. Those with more history in the club may know better.

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

I think Dane is also doing it, does that make history then with 4 😮

ReplyQuote
 karl
(@karl)
Estimable Member

Im not sure that "1 sat in the car controlling" constitutes "partaking" LOL.

Having done a feed in the past in a 24 hr, I think the "helpers" deserve more Kudos than the riders !! Bloo.d cold !

ReplyQuote
 JimW
(@jimw)
Member Admin

Karl
The helpers already did the ride on the 12th Jan.[and a bit more besides]. checking the route!
check the blog

ReplyQuote
 karl
(@karl)
Estimable Member

oh..... 😳

ReplyQuote
(@derek-h)
Estimable Member

Looks like it is warming up nicely for Sunday - might not need to keep the engine running to keep warm.

The not so fat controller 🙂

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 5
Share: