This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Tour-De-France W/en...

Notifications
Clear all

Tour-De-France W/end TBA Club Runs

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@ady)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

TBA Both runs today I will be up in Yorkshire for the start of the Tour.
Any Club Member wishing to join us let me know for details.

(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

I am aware that a number of members are going camping in a field (yes, you read that correctly, CAMPING IN A FIELD 😕 😕 !!!) this weekend, for those of you, who like me, could think of anything worse but would still like to ride out to see it, i would like to muster interest for anyone wishing to join me.

Option 1 - I have had a quick look at the closest point to Manchester on the Sunday the 6th July, this is around woodhead reservoir, which is just after Holme Moss, it will arrive there around 3pm. I have had a very quick look at a potential route, currently, the most direct there and back from Hartford is http://connect.garmin.com/course/6791472 about 80 miles.

Option 2- would be to select somewhere en-route, probably earlier, and drive to within about 35 miles and ride from there. i can take 1 more person and bike in my car.

Please confirm your interest here and you preference to the above options, none of which are set in stone and can be tailored to suit those that wish to join me. please note, it is likely to be a late finish given that it will probably be at at least 2.5 hr ride home from woodhead, and we would have to get away from the crowds first.

ReplyQuote
 kris
(@kris)
Honorable Member

Not sure what my plan is for the saturday yet, but my plan for the sunday is to drive over to New Mills and ride out from there to Holme Moss, potter around there for a while, and spend the day consuming the carnival 🙂

Saturday plan is probably going to involve a ride to Buttertubs from somewhere...

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

Speaking with a few guys over the weekend, there is interest in doing something, it would good if you could put your name down here to confirm just so I know how much interest there is

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

Aarrrrghhhh!!!!

I have been summonsed to family matters and cant make it now 🙁 !

I will have to watch it on the telly instead 😥

ReplyQuote
Share: