This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

The "What wedd...

Notifications
Clear all

The "What wedding?" Training Ride Friday 29th April

13 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@paull)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I will be taking advantage of this extra Bank Holiday and the hopefully quiet roads (whilst the nation is watching telly) by organising a ride today.

Distance 70-80 miles (estimated)

Destination Blackbrook.

See below for ride details.

*The under 18 Weaver Valley members that rode the Llanberis Weekend this year are more than welcome to join this ride.*

kris
(@kris)
Honorable Member

I'll put this in my diary!

*votes for peakview, with a nice full tummy bank holiday descent into Macc*

ReplyQuote
(@tim-b)
Trusted Member

best check what cafes are open first. i would have thought most would be , but would be a pain to arrive somewhere and be met by a locked door.

ReplyQuote
(@paull)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I've spoken with the owner of Hungersheath Tea Rooms near Blackbrook and they will be opening for our visit on the 29th so lets try and give them a good turnout.

Meeting points for the ride are as follows :

0950 on the bridge over the bypass at Hartford (on the road that leads to Whitegate), departing at 1000hrs.

1015 at The Old Star PH, Winsford.

1025 at The Boot & Slipper PH near Wettenhall.

www.hungersheathfarm.co.uk/find-us/

ReplyQuote
(@les-charnley)
Trusted Member

Hi all you dimbo's, its would appear that you know you have a day off on the 29th.April but you don't seem to know exactly whats going on, "The What Wedding". ride. Well to bring you up to speed on the subject, its Prince William and Miss. C.Middleton who are getting married, William is the son of Prince Charles. So you can now put the correct heading on the forum to read, " Having a training ride on the day that Prince William gets married". it would reflect the correct situation. If you would like more information, you can Google it. Well please do not bombard me with questions such as, "How do you know all these facts", its just that I listen to the news, I think you lot should watch the news a bit more, then I would not have explain everything to you. Les ( know it all) Charnley

ReplyQuote
(@gareth)
Eminent Member

Les, did you forget to take your medication again today?! Think it's better if you step away from the keyboard and go have a lie down eh.

ReplyQuote
(@les-charnley)
Trusted Member

HI Gareth, I will have a word with my doctor, he told me that I was completely cured and to stop taking most of my medication and EPO ( evening primrose Oil). What on earth make you think otherwise, its only on a full moon that I still have a small problem. See you on the Day of the Royal wedding then, think its a full moon?
Les ( Royal Wedding Correspondent) Charnley

ReplyQuote
 kris
(@kris)
Honorable Member

so is this prince william a real prince, related to the quene an that?

ReplyQuote
(@les-charnley)
Trusted Member

Hi Kris, Unfortunately this Royal wedding is all a bit complicated for ordinary people, like most Weaver Valley members to understand, yes they are all REAL Royal people. I think it best if you just went and laid in a dark room on the day of the 29th. and come out when its all over, so not to over tax the brain. If not join in on the training ride as there's not alot of difference to being in a dark room for several hours when hanging onto someones back wheel with the dreaded mist slowly covering your eyes. Les ( Royal wedding correspondent and training Guru) Charnley.

ReplyQuote
 kris
(@kris)
Honorable Member

Queens are ace. I think we Shuld have a king next!

ReplyQuote
 karl
(@karl)
Estimable Member

If its a decent day I'll be up for this.

Have a few miles in the legs, but need quite a few more...

ReplyQuote
 karl
(@karl)
Estimable Member

If this ride is still on, I'll be at the Old Star PH at 10:15 ?

If there are any changes, could you let me know ?

Hope to see a few out tomorrow 😀

ReplyQuote
 kris
(@kris)
Honorable Member

I'll be out tomorrow! No damn way I'm sitting in watching that crap on telly!!!

ReplyQuote
Share: