This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

The Ron Sant Club R...

Notifications
Clear all

The Ron Sant Club Run 24th April

12 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@paull)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

All WVCC members and friends welcome!

This special run in memory of the late Ron Sant follows a 40 mile route along quiet country lanes and refreshments will be provided at the start/finish point of Tarporley Community Centre.

This ride replaces the usual Sunday run from Hartford and starts at Tarporley Community Centre, High St., Tarporley CW6 0AY.
There is plenty of parking to the rear of the centre if required.

The centre will be open from 0820hrs and maps of the route (slightly modified from 2010 to avoid the lane that was ankle deep in mud and another which is heavily potholed) will be provided. Although the road will be marked with temporary arrows responsibilty for navigation is down to the individual. This is not a sportive or reliability trial and riders are expected to be self reliant.

There is no entry fee but small donations during lunch would be very welcome and they will go towards the cost of refreshments and the hire of the centre.

IMPORTANT Lunch will be served from 1100hrs to 1230hrs and the centre will close at 1300hrs, bearing this in mind please choose a start time that gives you sufficient time to enjoy the ride and lunch.

Group 1 - 0830hrs start (12-14mph average speed)

Group 2 - 0845hrs start (16mph average speed)

Group 3 - 0915hrs start (19mph average speed)

organiser - Paul 07950 912004

(@alans)
Trusted Member

Hi Paul I'll be there, plus most of the new club runners (I think) they'll enjoy it if they enjoy sportives like the cat.etc.
ALAN S

ReplyQuote
(@jules)
Honorable Member

Elaine and I will be there. Will ride up

ReplyQuote
(@dylan-sharrock)
Eminent Member

Me and my dad will be there !

ReplyQuote
(@woody)
Honorable Member

I'll be there!

ReplyQuote
(@paull)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

The course for the Ron Sant Club Run has now been marked with temporary blue marker paint on the tarmac in readiness for Easter Sunday. The 39 mile circuit begins on Birch Heath Lane in Tarporley (the first arrows appear further down the road) and heads down past the Shady Oak PH by the canal.
Please be aware that there are other yellow arrows on the road from another cycle ride - ALL THE ARROWS FOR THE RON SANT ARE IN BLUE PAINT ONLY.
Riders should be aware that there may still be some road closure signs in place just beyond Threapwood/Tallarn Green but you can get through on the marked route.
There is one minor hazard on the course which riders should be aware of about halfway round near Lower Wych on the descent the road surface has completely broken up and it's quite bumpy for about 60 metres. If you coast gently down this section it's rideable on regular 23mm tyres and racing rims.

Paul*L*

View user profile Send private message

ReplyQuote
(@les-charnley)
Trusted Member

Hi Paul, Will try to get there, but its a long way to the start for me, can I get B&B In Tarporley High Street or can I pitch a tent at the start. Oh can some of the "Bill Gates", school of dorks send me all the GPS numbers, don't have a Sat.Nav. but I know these guys love to think they have friends. Les Charnley, Tiverton Heath, Tarporley, Cheshire.

ReplyQuote
(@woody)
Honorable Member

What time are folks meeting up for the ride to Tarporley?

ReplyQuote
(@jules)
Honorable Member

Elaine and I will be there at 8:30

ReplyQuote
(@woody)
Honorable Member

At Tarporley for 8.30 or leaving British Legion for 8.30?

ReplyQuote
(@jules)
Honorable Member

Were all meeting at Tarporley

ReplyQuote
(@carol-r)
Estimable Member

Unfortunately cant make this ride today its too early a start for me to sort out the kids. Hope you all have a fab ride, should be a gorgeous day!

ReplyQuote
Share: