This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Sunday 24th March C...

Notifications
Clear all

Sunday 24th March Club Run

12 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@woody)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Hi Al,

Hey..check us out on page 2 of Northwich Guardian this week! Grupetto gets coverage! Good to see some Northwich Guardian coverage for your run on Sunday. I'm doing the Cheshire Cat so won't be out but wish you all the best with it. 😀

(@woody)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Yeah...I'm probably going to be out now. Cheshire Cat heard me and Munro were on top form and cancelled it. Softies!

ReplyQuote
(@derek-h)
Estimable Member

If you want some miles Woody the Chirk Audax is still on 😀

ReplyQuote
(@claire-o)
Reputable Member

If you look online, Alan Silver has a quote that got cut in the paper! 🙂

Thank you Gina, for supporting our club! 🙂

http://www.northwichguardian.co.uk/news/10298554.Why_cycling_with_a_club_is_good/

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin

@Claire.O wrote:

If you look online, Alan Silver has a quote that got cut in the paper! 🙂

Thank you Gina, for supporting our club! 🙂

http://www.northwichguardian.co.uk/news/10298554.Why_cycling_with_a_club_is_good/

Hi Claire, Think we can Thank Ann for the input in thisweeks Guardian aswell as Gina for printing it Great coverage.
All still going to plan for Sunday just hope the weather does'nt put people off cerntainly not Club members 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin

@woody wrote:

Hi Al,

Hey..check us out on page 2 of Northwich Guardian this week! Grupetto gets coverage! Good to see some Northwich Guardian coverage for your run on Sunday. I'm doing the Cheshire Cat so won't be out but wish you all the best with it. 😀

Yep great pic in the Guardian thisweek, that was me at the back just before I started chewing the handle bars heading up the sportman 😆

ReplyQuote
(@claire-o)
Reputable Member

The club run today was reduced by snow, and a trip to sunnier climes by the racing group. Still, 13 riders braved the cold, including Northwich Guardian's Gina Bebbington and Nick Jones with friend Peter, to go to The Galley, Nantwich. The women were well represented by Gina, Charlotte back from Uni, and Elaine wrapped up warm. They were well looked after by Adrian and Alan. Derek was taking no chances on his trusty Longstaff tricycle. I waved them off, but couldn't go on my bike. Please someone tell us how you get on? Go safely!

ReplyQuote
(@woody)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Good turn out for the weather, thought only a handful of people would turn up and we'd end up going home so I'm at the gym

ReplyQuote
(@derek-h)
Estimable Member

It was a little wintry this morning and for some reason just a baker's dozen met at The Legion. Al duly announce one ride to the marina "direct". A few sighs of relief were heard - the prospect of hours in the saddle didn't appeal even to those of us who had left our common sense behind. With a few new riders in the group we trundled out through Whitegate to Winsford "direct". Shortly after Winsford, just after the pace setting trike and Ady "fast man on a slow bike" had passed the Darnall turning we heard "right" - funny that's not "direct". We continued to trundle sometimes with sometimes against the wind to Cholmondeston where we ignored the "direct" left to marina and took the more "direct" route to Reaseheath. At the junction of the A534 we surprisingly did turn left, the more "direct" route and left again at the roundabout heading "direct"ly in the direction of the café- directly from Reaseheath that is. We all safely arrived at the marina in time for 11.30s. Al took the customary stick over the quantity of cake he consumed. After a suitable break we set off for home. I was amazed how DIRECT that was. Our new riders coped well under the conditions and the group did a great job keeping the pace under control. Al please look up "direct" in the dictionary 😀

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin

Yep Thanks everyone who turned out today, that wind was bitter as Will found out to his cost, got him warmed up at the cafe but good move to get collected by car mate. Great rides by Nick , Peter and Gina, for your first ride with us Gina on such an awful day you rode really well I clocked bang on 40m when arrived back home so we did what it said on the tin (website) 40m flat DIRECT 🙂
that's my direct Derek. Anyway group Thanks for keeping it all together there and back with another safe ride
Al 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@nofear)
Reputable Member

Great report Derek, "direct" and to the point!

I took a direct route to Frodsham this morning via Davenham, Warmingham, Weston, Wrinehill, Audlem, Wrenbury, Aston, Bunbury, Tattenhall, Waverton, Guilden Sutton, Mickle Trafford & Helsby. Didn't bother stopping at Frodsham so returned via an amazing Aston Lane (complete with serious snow drifts right across the road and no exaggerating snow that had drifted to about 4 feet deep at the field edge - never seen anything like it down there!!). Amazingly 4 miles further on at Little Leigh the fields were green. Got back with 78 miles on the clock in 4hrs 7 minutes. Surprisingly I didn't feel cold at all but that stiff headwind for the last 45 minutes was a bit challenging. Saw some beautiful scenery today, especially around Beeston as the hills were white and the trees surrounding Beeston Castle were covered in thick clumps of snow ... it was like the Alps.

Cheers

Dave

ReplyQuote
(@woody)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Nothing better than a Al Silver "direct" ride, they're the best!

Well in to all those who got out wish I had joined you now been bored stiff all day. Sunday's are pants without a club run.

ReplyQuote
Share: