This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Sunday 14th April

Notifications
Clear all

Sunday 14th April

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

A unusually mild day greeted the 18 or so at the legion that braved the wild winds, before the ride we were surprised by the appearance of Max on a bike borrowed from Graham, back from Oz for 3 weeks or so. Graham was sporting a black eye, apparently he refused Max's first request to borrow a bike! 😆 I am not sure where he thought he was going? whilst we were scaling down our layers, Max had enough layers for us all!
Given the fierce winds, it was soon decided that safety in numbers would be the best policy, so the long run to Peak View was ditched and we all headed to Radway Green.
A steady pace ensued, heading off to the bypass, Max, on is first ride out with us in months, nearly came a cropper over the blue bridge, a gust of wind blew him off the pavement onto the road, fortunately, there was no oncoming traffic at the time.
We headed out through Davenham, Mere Heath & Bostock Green, the winds were soon causing the group to split, at which point Shelagh decided to call it a day. On through Sandbach, we were heading to the cafe in time for Breakfast 😕 , so Al decided to put at extra loop in, so we arrived at Radway green, just after breakfast 😆 . Arriving at the cafe 20 minutes later was a small group including Tony, due to a puncture.
Following a long lunch / late breakfast, we headed out to Alsager, onto the A50, the first sign of a tail wind saw a group of 6 of us or so getting a bit carried away steaming on whilst the main group behind turned right 🙄
Onto the A34, Titch and me distanced ourselves from the group, to Astbury, Lee and Chris doing 35 MPH to catch us up, (not that we were doing that speed 😀 ), from that point we didn't see the main group again, the lead group, containing Ewart, Kev C, Phil, Titch, Chris B and myself carried onto Goostrey, on Penny Lane, Kev and Ewart split the group which left me chasing them all the way back to Davenham on my own with Phil, Titch and Chris somewhere behind.

It was a great day and the warmest ride of the year, almost shorts weather 😛 great company, great to see Max and Chris B, although i think i have seen max more than Chris recently 😆 fantastic company as always, finished with 62 on the clock on what was a tough day in the wind ❗

(@pete-w)
Eminent Member

Great report Jim. Tony had a bit of a mechanical on the way home, so we took a short cut back. Must have been a nervous journey for him as both the bottom lugs on his stem cracked! His bars were coming loose on every descent, so we took the only course of action possible and tied them in place with a cable tie! I left him in Lach dennis with Chris and assume he made it back in one piece. He was sporting a cool looking pair of bull bars at that point!
Please

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

@Pete W wrote:

He was sporting a cool looking pair of bull bars at that point!
Please

NIce ❗

ReplyQuote
(@pete-w)
Eminent Member

That was a rogue please. My chubby fingers are not designed for touch screen phones!

ReplyQuote
Share: