This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Long Run 17th March

Notifications
Clear all

Long Run 17th March

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Milder conditions than last Sunday saw Jules lead a group of 9 containing Kempy, Tony, Titch, Ewart, Pete Williams, Neil (I think), Kev C and myself heading off to the Mills with no-one really familiar with Doddleston, Also with Kempy and Jules not wanting to put too much effort in as they were saving themselves for next weeks warmer climate in Majorca.

We set off through Weaverham, on to Hatchmere and left to Ashton Hayes where Kempy got a Puncture. Whilst waiting a group of 4 or 5 from Team Hinde containing Mark Astles passed us.

So on through Tarvin, Waverton, Saighton, Chester and down the river, It was noted that titch had been out with Spray can on one of the iron bridges, unfortunately, he is rubbish at spelling as he had spayed in big big 3 ft letters "TWITCH" 😆 . The path at the bridge at Garden City was closed, however, a temporary diversion is in place, and it was adequate.

We picked up one of Als family Members on a bright pink bike and he joined us to the cafe, we came direct home the usual route pretty incident free except for Als rear Mech lost its tension, i turned off at Hatchmere and headed home.

Shortish long run again this week, finished with 65 miles on the clock and average steady 17.5 MPH.

Thanks Jules and all for a great ride in improving conditions, bring on the summer 😀

Share: