This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Long Run - 13th Oct

Notifications
Clear all

Long Run - 13th Oct

13 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

I note this Sunday is TBA, unless anyone else has any preference, can I suggest Prees, we had a great ride there earlier in June 😀 , route taken was

Part 1 http://connect.garmin.com/activity/335332293
Part 2 http://connect.garmin.com/activity/335332231

(@carol-r)
Estimable Member

Sounds good to me!! 😀

ReplyQuote
(@colinw)

Not been out on the sunday ride for while, look forward to the run to Prees.

ReplyQuote
(@jules)
Honorable Member

Good route that Jim not too many busy roads. Hope for the same tail wind home that we had last time 😀

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

@Jules wrote:

Good route that Jim not too many busy roads. Hope for the same tail wind home that we had last time 😀

And it's flat! Thought we best take it easy on you Jules after your 6 weeks off the bike 😉

ReplyQuote
 JimW
(@jimw)
Member Admin

Can't join you on this flatty Jim, Dave,Caroline, Derek and I are riding a lumpy 200km audax. (clue is it is called 'the horseshoe' ! ) thats a proper long run 😆

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

@JimW wrote:

Can't join you on this fatty Jim, Dave,Caroline, Derek and I are riding a lumpy 200km audax. (clue is it called 'the horseshoe' ! ) thats a proper long run 😆

Easy Tiger 😮 what's the with fatty 😕 I am just big boned 🙄

ReplyQuote
 JimW
(@jimw)
Member Admin

Sorry Jim, me and my sausage fingers I'm afraid, it should have said FLATTY [does now] I dont think I can get away with calling anybody in the club Fat! 😆 [even though you say you are big boned] 😉
Anyway I think we are all going to have to wrap up warm ,, looks like a strong northerly ,,, first cold one of this winter!

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

@JimW wrote:

Sorry Jim, me and my sausage fingers I'm afraid, it should have said FLATTY [does now] I dont think I can get away with calling anybody in the club Fat! 😆 [even though you say you are big boned] 😉
Anyway I think we are all going to have to wrap up warm ,, looks like a strong northerly ,,, first cold one of this winter!

Ha, as you say, people in glass houses...... 😀

ReplyQuote
 kris
(@kris)
Honorable Member

Was damn cold this morning I tell you.

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

@kris wrote:

Was damn cold this morning I tell you.

Toastey in the car 😆

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

A brief report on yesterday ride.

A surprisngly good turn out at the legion given the forecast and 16 rolled out on the long run to Prees, this included what may have been a long run debut for Andrew Risk 😆
The pace was steady with route taking us through Whitegate, Beeston, Bickerstaff and Malpas, the rain started to fall just before Whitchurch and a couple of us caped up. By the time we reached Tilstock, it become apparant that we had lost a few riders, Rich & tony doubled back to find that Andrew had punctured just outside Whitchurch, he was adament it wasnt self inflected so he could take a breather 😆 We re-grouped at the Cafe. As usual, Craig Lee dropped off before the cafe and Kris Zentek joined us.
Beans & Cheese on Toast, Cup of Tea, Can of Coke & a Mars Bar - £5.70 bargin 😀
As we left the cafe there were a few chattering teeth from the girls (& some boys), the rain was coming down and we quietly left heading for Audlem all feeling sorry for ourselves.
Not much to report on the way back, i arrived home with 84 miles o0n the clock, washed my bike and had a nice warm bath.

As usual great bunch with one of the best long run turnout i have seen.

ReplyQuote
(@nofear)
Reputable Member

Now that Caroline and I have become hard AUDAX riders like Jimmy, Derek and Syd I think we need to rename the "long" club run as the "middle distance" club run. We were just getting warmed up at 84 miles yesterday and at the Ponderosa at lunch (2:30 after a 8am start), Derek was giving Jimmy the "get your finger out and stop faffing about" look, as he was keen to get more miles (sorry Kilometers) on the clock. 😆 We rode the last hour in the dark and ended up with 9 hrs 30 mins ride time. In the AUDAX World this is a "short run" as they only do long runs in the Summer.

We complied with the obligatory mudguards / saddlebag / lights and bum cream requirement but Caroline drew the line at growing a bushy beard and wearing scruffy baggy shorts......... no commitment! 😳

ReplyQuote
Share: