This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Long Run - 13th Apr...

Notifications
Clear all

Long Run - 13th April - Prees

14 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Prees is in the Calendar for this week, i note Jules may not be out, I am happy to lead.

I have not been out on a Sunday for a few week and i am looking forward to it 😀

Who else is out?

(@jules)
Honorable Member

@JimDuffy wrote:

Prees is in the Calendar for this week, i note Jules may not be out, I am happy to lead.

Who else is out?

I'm not out, helping the folks with there caravan. Going to ride over to Bala though 😀

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin

@JimDuffy wrote:

Who else is out?

Then the lead us yours Mr Duffy!! 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@jamie)
Trusted Member

It's been awhile here as well but Ive Training for the St George show in a few weeks on Sunday.

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

@AdyJapp wrote:

@JimDuffy wrote:

Who else is out?

Then the lead us yours Mr Duffy!! 🙂

Thanks ady, your so kind. Happy to step aside though if you want to do it!! 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

@Jamie wrote:

It's been awhile here as well but Ive Training for the St George show in a few weeks on Sunday.

Get a grip Jamie, you don't need to train to dress up 😉

ReplyQuote
(@jamie)
Trusted Member

Theres a Dragon involved in this one so extra care has to be taken :mrgreen:

ReplyQuote
(@carol-r)
Estimable Member

I'm planning to be out 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@jim_dhr)
Estimable Member

Long run on that new saddle Jamie? I gather its going well?

Jim

ReplyQuote
(@jamie)
Trusted Member

Ive only been able to get out twice on it so far and the longest has been around 30miles. All is ok so far. Just getting used to it still

ReplyQuote
(@jim_dhr)
Estimable Member

Well I hope all goes smoothly so-to-speak LOL. Im sure all will be fine

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

The long run today went to the mills instead of prees due to a small matter of 4000 motorbikers attending a "big breakfast".

A reasonably large group of around 16 headed out via whitegate, which included a dismount / walk detour at the bridge replacement. a steady pace was set with everyone holding together well, at bickerton church, Jon Convoy decided to take an early and headed home complaing about tired legs following yesterdays training ride 😮 . we carried on through Malpas, and bangor on dee and were relieved to turn back out of the cross head wind. Not much more to report until we were about a mile though Holt, following a shout of car up, it would appear that a rider on the outside, probably trying to manoeuvre left slightly, inadvertently gave Paul Goldstraw a nudge which resulted in an off for about 3 or 4 riders including Paul, Penny and Chris Gregory. whilst there were no broken bones or bad cuts, Paul left hand took a lot of the impact, resulting in a badly swollen knuckle. it was clear that paul wasn't in a fit state to carry on to the mills so Kev U then kindly led Paul, Penny, Chris and a few others home directly whilst a group of around 10 carried on.
We carried on at a nice pace to the mills, with Dean Clarke struggling with his knee for the last 7 miles or so.
A top beans and egg on toast, a coffee and we made a swift return back via the usual route through capenhurst and the forest.

I was surprised by the number of riders that had not done the mills via bangor on dee before, as it is the staple diet for the saturday run.

New guy Ciaran was riding strong and it was also nice to met John Chrystel for the first time who kept up with the pace no problem.

i finished with 77 on the clock averaging 18.2mph, it was a great ride with some great company, just marred by the "off" , i hope Paul is ok and i look forward to next week (which is the mills again, however, maybe we could do Prees instead)

ReplyQuote
(@jules)
Honorable Member

Hope everyone that came off are ok.

I'll be out Sunday and Prees sounds good to me 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@nofear)
Reputable Member

Good report Jim and tell me about that wind. 😮 I was on the long...er run on Sunday leading a group of 1 (me) into that wasteland known as Central Lancashire. As always the wind was blowing a gale off the sea so it was either a hard slog or a fast spin depending on the direction of travel. Route was; Barnton, Warrington, Rainhill, Rainford, Ormskirk, Formby, Southport, Tarleton, Rufford, Chorley, Westhoughton, Leigh, Lowton, Croft, Warrington, Warburton Bridge, Lymm, Bucklow Hill, Poplar, Stretton, home.

Never before seen so many sets of traffic lights in one ride as half of the route was on roads that I've never done before or not done for years. I memorized the route from a map and managed to stay on track, completing the ride is 20 seconds short of the 6 hours planned (I added in a few loops at the end as you can see from the route). I covered 118 miles at an average speed of 19.8 mph with one stop of 5 minutes at 3 hours for a bottle refill from a local shop.

I should lead a club run to Southport one day just to show people new roads, but preferably on a less windy day as there are just no hedges over there. We could have ice creams on the prom. 😎

ReplyQuote
Share: