This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Long run - 12th Apr...

Notifications
Clear all

Long run - 12th April 15

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

As the member arrived this morning, the talk was about (other than Emily's dog) the imminent weather forecast.

The short ride was to Chester and the long run headed south to Prees, direct into the headwind. a small group took the latter option, with Graham Gregory deciding to take the former,even though he threatened the later, still with me ❓ 😕 Carol sporting her new bike had to be back early so opted for the short run (will be with the run from May when the football season finishes, (didnt know she played 😆 )) and Jules is still getting his fitness back so also elected not to take the long run. That left a trio of Paul's (Goldstraw, Harding and Mottram), Colin and my good-self.

It was tough trip out to prees into the direct head wind, via cinder hill, oulton park, tiverton, beeston, bickerton, malpas, whitchurch then arriving at prees around 11:30 averaging just 16.5mph. When we arrived, i recalled the advise we had this time last year, "AVOID DUE TO A MOTOR BIKE CONVENTION", unfortunately, Paul G never passed this info on this year 😯 !!!!. I have never seen so much leather and motorbikes, i hada quick peek through the window, and they we queuing out the door the end (not the side), even though we probably would have been served before the time taken at Pott Shrigley 😆 , we decided not to bother and to move on, with around another 12, wind assisted miles in our legs, we arrived at a very quite Priest Cafe at Audlem which was more than welcome.

Fed and watered,wind assisted, we raced back past dagfields, through crewe onto Middlewich where Paul M dropped off, followed by Paul H, then Paul G, leaving Colin and I upto Davenham. Once i was on my own, the heavens opened and the i was back into the headwind all the way home:x .

A tough (but enjoyable) ride with great company as usual, i finished with 81 miles averaging 17.5 mph, looking forward to next sunday 😀

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/744322451

(@carol-r)
Estimable Member

I'm multi talented Jim!!! 😆 😆 😆

ReplyQuote
Share: