This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

downhill....

Notifications
Clear all

downhill....

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@johnk)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I love your write up Ady, it made me and Paula laugh loads! I don't mind lending Jamie the trophy for a year; it's good to give youngsters a taste of the high life. Rest assured I shall return next year to take back what is rightfully mine!

I had a great time today by the way (aside from nearly doing a Jules whilst coughing). See you all very soon.

JimW
(@jimw)
Member Admin

I announce that I am bidding to win this prestigious event in 2016

as the rules have changed, I have the TREX factory specially preparing a bike that will be state of the art, sleek and slippery,aerodynamic, and green..[and not a powered back wheel in sight..]

I think all bikes in future should be scrutinised by a UCI commissarie, ensuring the meet the max weight limit, [no bricks allowed in saddle bags] checking for power assistance, [no eating of beans for 48 hrs prior to the event] and random [in and out of competition] drugs testing of riders..[no sanatogen allowed for the over 50's]

the last thing this sport needs is for the winner of the WVCC Downhill to be stripped of his title, only to admit all months later to Jeremy Kyle on live TV

😆 😆 😆

Well done Jamie.. It's about time there was a new name on the trophy.. but watch out, John's really Keen to get it back!

ReplyQuote
(@woody)
Honorable Member

Hope John isn't on too much of a "downer" following the weekend. Great to see Keeno back out.

ReplyQuote
(@jamie)
Trusted Member

It must of been the molten lead I injected in the frame the night before 😉
I'm actually scared of next year coming now as it looks like the pressure is on 😯 😀

ReplyQuote
 JimW
(@jimw)
Member Admin

some of us don't need lead..!.. 😆

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

@John K wrote:

I love your write up Ady, it made me and Paula laugh loads! I don't mind lending Jamie the trophy for a year; it's good to give youngsters a taste of the high life. Rest assured I shall return next year to take back what is rightfully mine!

I had a great time today by the way (aside from nearly doing a Jules whilst coughing). See you all very soon.

Maybe you just didnt get enough training in John 😀 , you know you can't just turn up at and coast down hill just on a ride to the end of your road once a year before returning complaining of ice 😆 😆

ReplyQuote
(@johnk)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Lesson learnt Jim. I took the year out. I've been cooking. I thought all the weight i've put on over the year would give me that extra edge going downhill but it didn't quite work out....

ReplyQuote
Share: