This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Club Runs Plassey/C...

Notifications
Clear all

Club Runs Plassey/Chester thisweek end

11 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@alans)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

hello All sorry did'nt make last Sunday not feeling 100% at the moment should be out to take the short run to riverside cafe Chester this Sunday,
Thanks to Craig & Graham for their leads last week and attendance list.
Looks like there should have been 3 runs leaders last Sunday with Dylan taking the lead to Buxton,even though i was'nt there the plan for the long run was to blaze farm and who ever took it STAY TOGETHER this is part of the reason I'm stepping back as runs leader the short runs can manage it! Craig is there every week lets have a bit of respect please.

(@jules)
Honorable Member

We'll try our best Al.

You can see why it was discussed at the meeting last week. People need to make there minds up if a club run is something that suits them. Training rides on a Saturday stay TOGETHER club runs on a Sunday.

Think enough has been said on the subject.

ReplyQuote
(@dylan-sharrock)
Eminent Member

I think everyone is getting a bit confused!! Myself and andy had planned to ride in to buxton on our own to do our own thing but with the fog being so bad we decided to go to the peak view cafe, After we had sat down for 10 minutes we were joined by carol and chris who had both be left on the climb and didn't know where they were going so we rode home together?.. So If anyone had been dropped or left behind after this i don't see how it's my fault??

ReplyQuote
(@jules)
Honorable Member

Dylan no one is blaming anyone.

All we are trying to do is make sure that a Sunday ride is run like it should. Stay together, if you get up the road and unsure of the route you stop. If you know the route and get to the top of a hill you wait for everyone to get together again. This isn't rocket sciense its all very simple, as long as those taking part in the runs understand this is how we run them. This won't suit everyone, if this is the case then they may decide that riding on a Sunday run with WVCC isn't for them.

More importantly the ride leader needs to keep a count of numbers. If anyone decides to turn round or do there own thing, then the run leader needs to be told or a message passed to him.

We simple cannot allow what happened on Sunday to happen again. The roads are a dangerous place to be and more so in winter. We need to look after each other. Staying together and keeping an eye out for our fellow member is of paramount importance. If we follow these very simple points then we can all enjoy our club runs and be as safe as possible.

ReplyQuote
 phil
(@phil)
Trusted Member

dont think people understand...two of you went of to do your own thing......
so why would you have to wait for others that were carrying on with the club run going to an other cafe.
think its time the runs where called THE FAST RUN AND THE SLOWER RUN

ReplyQuote
(@andybeswick)
Estimable Member

on a lighter note....."this isn't rocket sciense"....the irony! 😀

ReplyQuote
(@dylan-sharrock)
Eminent Member

Oh no Jules It's Science 😉 I'm the one who doesn't go to school as well 😆 Well I'm sure we can all work things out and try get the club runs to how they use to be! 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@jules)
Honorable Member

Haha 😳
Can someone put spell check on the forum please.

I can vaguely remember going to school Dylan 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@dylan-sharrock)
Eminent Member

It's fine Who need to know how to spell anyway 😆

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin

...as per the title, and possibly the longest short run for me, including the to and from home, managed an enjoyable 80.7 miles, with legs still feeling surprisingly fresh.

🙂

ReplyQuote
(@alans)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Want a truly disiclined group I took to Chester today kept it all TOGETHER, No yo yo'ing off the front , nice pace there & back and like Ady said not such a short run, it was like riding with a professional team THANKS short group!

ReplyQuote
Share: