This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Club Run Sunday 1st...

Notifications
Clear all

Club Run Sunday 1st June

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@ady)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Long Run Dagfeilds (Flat)
Short Run Audlem (Flat)

(@jules)
Honorable Member

Hi all,
Got a route planned for the long ride on Sunday. Weather looks ok at the moment as well 😀

ReplyQuote
(@jules)
Honorable Member

Tomorrow's route

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/318238742

ReplyQuote
(@eleanor)
Estimable Member

Ady, great blog. That must be a first, having one large WVCC club run whizz past another large WVCC club run going in the opposite direction! (In this case just outside Audlem, you must have been returning home just as we were finally closing in on the cafe). The short run group looked great - all in club kit, riding in neat formation - and going so fast that if we'd blinked we'd have missed you, despite all the "look who it isn't" and yee hah-ing that was going on.

I was on the long run which was one of those runs we'll remember in the middle of the winter - beautiful warm sunny weather, well led as always by Jules at a good consistent pace (Kev had 74 miles and 18 mph on his Garmin when he got in). We went the long way round - 52 miles on my clock to the cafe, via Tattenhall, Farndon, Shocklach, Malpas, and Wrenbury. All very straightforward, no messing, everyone staying together, only two short stops for minor mechanicals. We had a nice sunny lunch at Dagfields and then straight home the short direct way via Crewe and Warmingham. Jules and Jim kept the pace under control on the way back - a bit brisker than on the way out, but we all coped fine: the lack of hills helped! Andrew and I were aware that nestled quietly in our group were a few serious racer types and we admitted to each other that we were dreading the traditional gallop/race home along the Bostock road, but thankfully everyone kept their fast twitch muscles well hidden until, with a "come on folks" from Kev, it all went "bang" on the rise into Davenham. Mark Hassall took the green jersey honours with ease.

At the cafe were Kev and me, Jules and Jim, Andrew, Paul G, Tim, Steve, Heather, Howard, Dean, Ewart, Jacob and Phil and Mark H from Dave Hindes out for a recovery ride. If I've missed anyone, apologies. Paul H and Craig were with us but disappeared off for pressing social engagements.

Here we all are waiting for the canal bridge to open at Wrenbury Mill...[attachment=0:2noqaor5]wrenbury.jpg[/attachment:2noqaor5]

ReplyQuote
Share: