This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Charity Ride Sunday...

Notifications
Clear all

Charity Ride Sunday 29th Sept

12 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@ady)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

This Sundays Club Run is the Guide Dogs Charity Ride same Start 09:30 same Place Harford Social Club. On arrival collect a Guide Dogs tabard (from my Wife Carole)to wear while you ride or just before we arrive at The Ice Cream Farm.There maybe a few groups because of numbers and not all riding in the same direction, Claire's Breeze ladies direct plus anyone who wishes to join them,a slower group for novice & new comers, them the normal group not to fast but takeing part in the KOM (Summertrees) & SPRINT (Common Lane Waverton) awards. We will try and do are best ALL the reach Tattenhall at the same time. Details of whats involved when we get to the Ice Cream Farm before we set off on the morning.Lets hope the weather holds and see you Sunday 😀

(@claire-o)
Reputable Member

We have 14 Sky Ride, 9 Breeze and 38 club riders booked onto the Guide Dogs for the Blind charity bike ride! Let's hope the weather is nice and sunny so that all 60 + prospective participants have a great time! 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@derek-h)
Estimable Member

Another great event - well done Alan. Good to see the breeze and sky ride people too. Hope we break last year's total.

ReplyQuote
(@woody)
Honorable Member

Gorgeous day! I think Al's count of 53 was a bit short, I counted 75 at the legion! Incredible turnout, good vibes, another proud day for the club. Great to have the Breeze riders out!

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

A brief report and a couple of images on the blog, or direct link at:

https://www.weavervalleycc.org.uk/guide-dogs-for-the-blind-charity-ride-2013/

ReplyQuote
(@shelagh)
Eminent Member

It was a fab day indeed. Al not only organised the whole thing but booked the sun too! I agree with Woody - at least 75 and loads of money for a great cause. Nice to see so many smiling faces 😀

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

It’s here the BIG THANK YOU! With just a few pledges still to come in the totals so far.
WVcc Club Member s/Breeze ride & Sky Ride contributions £638.00 😀
Guide Dogs collections £264.00 😀
Grand Total £902.00 😀
Fantastic turnout everyone final count 75 riders, Thanks Claire & Gina for your support with the Breeze ladies ,also the last minute Sky ride leaders for help with your group. I’m quite chocked writing this; Jean & Robert from Guide Dogs wish me to pass on their heartfelt Thanks to everyone today that shows WVcc can pull out all the stops when it comes to events like this.
Great ride for me all arrived safe and all returned home safe 😀
THANK YOU AGAIN
Leader Al
PS Great blog and pics Ady

ReplyQuote
(@woody)
Honorable Member

Amazing well done Al! We'll break that £1000 mark next year and great to have all abilities riding too, nice mix at the cafe.

ReplyQuote
(@jules)
Honorable Member

Well done all!!!! What an amazing total from such a great club 🙂 Well done Alan 🙂

Missing riding with WV so much, but great to see you all today.

ReplyQuote
 JimW
(@jimw)
Member Admin

Wow, what a total! Well done Al. Great day out in the sun.

ReplyQuote
(@andybeswick)
Estimable Member

great effort from all

Al, you must be well proud, well done, and thanks to woody for leading our run

ReplyQuote
(@claire-o)
Reputable Member

Thank you So Cheshire for writing such a lovely article publicising Breeze, Sky Ride, Northwich Guardian's Pedal Power page, and the Guide Dogs for the Blind charity bike ride! 🙂

http://www.so-cheshire.co.uk/cycling/9090/featured-cycling-champion-claire-o-brien

ReplyQuote
Share: