This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Chain Gang / Throug...

Notifications
Clear all

Chain Gang / Through and off

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@andyh)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Since riding with the club from early Autumn last year, I've never experienced anything as rigorously organised as the chain gang / through and off riding group technique I've found here:

www.gregarios.co.uk/cycling-clubs/chain-gang-through-and-off.html

Is this something I've missed at WVCC / something the greater distance riders do as a matter of course? It would seem to put less pressure on any single two leading riders against the wind - anyone have any experience of this technique, it's ease to pick up and can recommend it? I'm particularly interested bearing in mind my forthcoming LEJOG challenge and whether this is something worth working on with my work colleagues who are also on the challenge.

Comments welcomed please.

Thanks
Andy

(@les-charnley)
Trusted Member

Yes, This is an old and tested way of riding fast, the Old Through and Off, I have done this for many, many Years. I go through to the front and then go straight OFF THE BACK, and thats through and off. Great if you like being on your own. Les Charnley ( Billy no mates)

ReplyQuote
(@woody)
Honorable Member

We use similar techniques on the track sometimes too.

ReplyQuote
Share: